noisy water flow on geo open loop

Have 3 2 stage geo systems hooked to common open loop.Have manual ball valves to regulate flow for hi and low stage.Had to cut back ball valves so much to get gpm down where needed that there is turbulance noise that can be heard in house.Units are in crawlspace with valve assemblies mounted on boards perpendicular to joists.Anyone know of a different type valve to use that would cut down on noise?

Valves or pumps?

If I understand, you are throttling your geo exchange loop down for your multiple geo units. Seems like you're overpumping your geo loop: if you have multi-speed pumps you could back them down, otherwise you might want to swap in a smaller pump.

However: if you don't already have a filter on the open loop, you might want to throw one into the loop, to save your pumps and heat exchangers (I'm not a huge fan of open loop geo, though it does have wonderfully efficient heat exchange). Anyway, the filter will throttle down your loop flow rate a bit also.

As for quieter valves... Well, mounting the valves with rubber pads might quiet some sound, and you can also get flow reducers that essentially function sort of like a capillary: a small(ish) restriction. But really, it's an unfortunate design that has a big pump that's then throttled down to a fraction of the flow rate it's capable of. There's a bunch of pumping energy that's getting thrown away, besides the sound issue, maybe even wear and tear on some components.

On ours we'll have atleast 3 valves, so you can throttle each a little bit instead of throttling just one alot.
    Seems to keep them quite.
    I've also seen a pressure reducing valve on several jobs that have multi units.
    luck dan

I agree with Daniel. I installed many open loop systems years ago ane we tried everything. The best solution is 3 valves. Two before and one after the HX. When you get them set, remove the handles and mark the positions.
    You have to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of your life.

Thanks for the replies.Ended up putting psi regulator valves on each system.Problem solved.Thanks again