Thread: Salisbury, NC

Post Likes

Salisbury, NC

Looking for an HVAC contractor in Salisbury, NC. I looked at the map but none were close.

Thanks in advance!

Post Likes
    I know there are a few from Charlotte that check in here. I am in Wake Forest, so that is a bit outside our service area, but hopefully one of the Charlotte folks can help you. Good luck.
    It's not rocket-science...

It's electromechanical thermodynamic engineering

Post Likes
    On a side note I assume it is recommended to have a heat pump installed over just electric heat. This is for a modular home.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ku View Post
    On a side note I assume it is recommended to have a heat pump installed over just electric heat. This is for a modular home.
    That certainly would be my choice and recommendation
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

Post Likes
    Thanks, any special needs for a heat pump when it comes to modular homes?

Post Likes
    No. Many times the blower and electric heat can be reused. Most modular applications have a drop-in downflow coil that if it is replaced with one designed for a heat pump, and paired up to an oudoor unit will work just fine. Should be fairly straight forward.

Post Likes
    It appears that way the unit and only return is in a closet on the one end of the structure.

Post Likes
    What you got going on there?
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    Do any work in Salisbury area?

Post Likes
    Any special equipment/manufacturers needed for this type of application?

Post Likes
    Coleman Evcon series are designed for mobile home applications. Broan also makes the E3EB series air handlers. There are others, but these are the ones I am most familiar with. The Coleman product has its own coils and outdoor heat pump to match with the air handler, and Broan matches with a Nordyne coil and outdoor heat pump unit.

The new heat pump coil can be paired up to your existing air handler (in most cases), allowing you to re-use the electric heat, blower, ect... This lowers the cost. You will need a pro to come out and evaluate the condition of your existing equipment to see if this is a good idea, as age and wear may require a new air handler.

Good luck.

Post Likes
    Make sure the contractor takes your ducting into account. Very few mobile homes do an adequate job of moving more than about 1200 CFM of air, and you can't skimp on air with a heat pump. You may need to have a more powerful blower installed to overcome the restriction of your ducts. This may lead to more duct leakage as well. It's pretty important to have a contractor that knows manufactured homes. Here in Nevada you actually have to carry a different state license.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkRoper View Post
    Make sure the contractor takes your ducting into account. Very few mobile homes do an adequate job of moving more than about 1200 CFM of air, and you can't skimp on air with a heat pump. You may need to have a more powerful blower installed to overcome the restriction of your ducts. This may lead to more duct leakage as well. It's pretty important to have a contractor that knows manufactured homes. Here in Nevada you actually have to carry a different state license.
    Replacing the blower/air handler may be needed even though it can sometimes be done without replacing the full system. Also most manufacturers and federal tax credits dictate that a matched (new indoor and outdoor system) need to be installed to meet rebate standards.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Post Likes
    the federal tax credit is 500 dollars, and he will spend twice that if not more just to get the credit.

i know of a few companies that service that area, i have an email in my profile if you would like to know of them.
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    I'll be sending you an email, thanks!

Post Likes
    Looking for an HVAC contractor in Salisbury, NC that will service mobile/modular homes and provide quotes for a new system. I posted previously but now that its getting warm agian they are realizing it needs to be replaced! Thanks in advance!

Post Likes
    I travel that far, but it's a 102 mile round trip; so service would be scheduled a week out. maintenance is strongly recommended.
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...

Find a HVAC-Talk Contractor by clicking here

Click below to BECOME a pro member
    https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/forumdispl...ip-Information

Do you go to a boat repairman with a sinking boat, and tell him to put in a bigger motor when he tells you to fix the holes?

I am yourmrfixit

Post Likes
    Check the yellow pages. There are some good pros. in Salisbury.
    Blue Fox

Post Likes
    Can you give me one or two companies you would recommend?

Post Likes
    Lived in Mocksville/Cooleemee for 17 years. There are a huge number of contractors in your area. Better to ask someone local for recommendations than to ask us who are hundreds if no thousands of miles away. Your original post is so old it has grown mold so if it is that important then bottom dollar is not the most important aspect you are dealing with. Good Luck in your search.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in