Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salisbury, NC

Salisbury, NC

Looking for an HVAC contractor in Salisbury, NC. I looked at the map but none were close.

Thanks in advance!

I know there are a few from Charlotte that check in here. I am in Wake Forest, so that is a bit outside our service area, but hopefully one of the Charlotte folks can help you. Good luck.
    It's not rocket-science...

It's electromechanical thermodynamic engineering

On a side note I assume it is recommended to have a heat pump installed over just electric heat. This is for a modular home.

Quote Originally Posted by ku View Post
    On a side note I assume it is recommended to have a heat pump installed over just electric heat. This is for a modular home.
    That certainly would be my choice and recommendation
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

Thanks, any special needs for a heat pump when it comes to modular homes?

No. Many times the blower and electric heat can be reused. Most modular applications have a drop-in downflow coil that if it is replaced with one designed for a heat pump, and paired up to an oudoor unit will work just fine. Should be fairly straight forward.

It appears that way the unit and only return is in a closet on the one end of the structure.

What you got going on there?
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Do any work in Salisbury area?

Any special equipment/manufacturers needed for this type of application?

Coleman Evcon series are designed for mobile home applications. Broan also makes the E3EB series air handlers. There are others, but these are the ones I am most familiar with. The Coleman product has its own coils and outdoor heat pump to match with the air handler, and Broan matches with a Nordyne coil and outdoor heat pump unit.

The new heat pump coil can be paired up to your existing air handler (in most cases), allowing you to re-use the electric heat, blower, ect... This lowers the cost. You will need a pro to come out and evaluate the condition of your existing equipment to see if this is a good idea, as age and wear may require a new air handler.

Good luck.

Make sure the contractor takes your ducting into account. Very few mobile homes do an adequate job of moving more than about 1200 CFM of air, and you can't skimp on air with a heat pump. You may need to have a more powerful blower installed to overcome the restriction of your ducts. This may lead to more duct leakage as well. It's pretty important to have a contractor that knows manufactured homes. Here in Nevada you actually have to carry a different state license.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkRoper View Post
    Make sure the contractor takes your ducting into account. Very few mobile homes do an adequate job of moving more than about 1200 CFM of air, and you can't skimp on air with a heat pump. You may need to have a more powerful blower installed to overcome the restriction of your ducts. This may lead to more duct leakage as well. It's pretty important to have a contractor that knows manufactured homes. Here in Nevada you actually have to carry a different state license.
    Replacing the blower/air handler may be needed even though it can sometimes be done without replacing the full system. Also most manufacturers and federal tax credits dictate that a matched (new indoor and outdoor system) need to be installed to meet rebate standards.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast