Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carrier EXV

Is the valve working at all? Is it opening up too slowly or not far enough? What exactly is it doing? I had one where the board was pulsing on two of the phases but not on the third. The valve would only open 2/3 of what was showing on the output due to a bad board.

Quote Originally Posted by R123 View Post
    Is the valve working at all? Is it opening up too slowly or not far enough? What exactly is it doing? I had one where the board was pulsing on two of the phases but not on the third. The valve would only open 2/3 of what was showing on the output due to a bad board.
    The valve and the suction line into the chiller frost up and just stay white with frost until it locks out on 116, I think it is.

Swap the Sensor to other EXV if it has 2 circuits and see if problem follows

The sensors read ok in the digital read out panel. I downloaded a checkout procedure for the exv and I'll go through that step by step tomorrow.

Thanks for all the tips.

My question is this, how much does the actual E.E.V. cost plus labor and if In deed that were the case get it done right the first time I've always said! Whatever it may be that you decide remember cutting corners will come back and bite you back! Pump that one circuit down and observe the valve and pressures. After the system shuts down on low press. control. If it rises, your valve is leaking, if you don't here the motor at all check to see if your valve is getting a signal at all. You should here a thumping sound when the valve is operating. What exactly was the chiller doing?

25 ohms +or- 2, from the D terminal, or red wire. Any more or less Exv stepper motor windings bad. Have fun!
    Damn phosgene

Ok just to follow up, I did the checkout procedure and had 4 ohms from red to greren, 3 to 5 I think it is. As was said correct reading is 25 ohms +/- 1 ohm. So the motor is indeed bad. Thanks for the tips!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12