Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by McLean Air View Post
    They are good compressors. I don't get any business from them failing. It's the steel nuts on the suction and discharge lines to the compressor. We are on the beach, and the salt does a number on a/c's. The spine fin coils are great here too. The compressors usually rust out before the cond coil crumbles. If I could change trane's condenser design I would use a very high grade brass or something on those nuts. Even ss rust fast here.

Same problem here. They should step back to what they used before. It's hard to see a 5YO suction fitting rust out when right down the street in a 25YO unit with no corrosion on the fitting.

is the Climatuff the ones that have the indentation on the top side of it? If so, I had many of them here. Only issues I ever had is open int. OL from overheating with our screwed up water conditions. In 3 yrs, I had to change 2 of them. And 1 last month from a stuck open txv and slugged it. But who knows how long it was taking on liquid before it said, "Screw this, this Trane is stopping"!!

lol
    “If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.” ~ Sir Isaac Newton

I'm learning all the time, the tombstone will be my diploma!!!

Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

Anyone have any idea what the technician from ARS did to break the compressor? The family said the compressor broke down a week after the guy did his "annual maintenance" on it, which was coincidentally right after the warranty ran out.

I really doubt he did anything to "break" it. Just bad luck or poor installation practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Pcmaker View Post
    Anyone have any idea what the technician from ARS did to break the compressor? The family said the compressor broke down a week after the guy did his "annual maintenance" on it, which was coincidentally right after the warranty ran out.
    You are pretty adamant on blaming another tech for "breaking" a compressor and timing it perfectly to be out of warranty. I highly doubt the tech sabotaged the system (although I have seen it done).

You have been asked several times in this thread to describe how you did the troubleshooting on the original compressor. Also, you changed it to a Copeland Scroll which just happened to be shorted to ground out of the box?

I'm more interested in what you did than the other tech.

So, please kindly give us all a clue that have been trying to help you. Being a tech is not about blaming others as much as it is about examining our own troubleshooting techniques. Especially after we install a brand new compressor that also happens to be shorted to ground.
    "If you aren't living on the edge, you are taking up to much space!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123