Suction line heat exchanger

I have a pumpout unit, it is using a 27,000BTU R-134a refrigeranion compressor to pumpout the refrigerants. Iwant to installa plate type heat exchanger to use the refrigerants come from the chiller to pre-cool the refrigerants on the discharge line of the pumpout uint to let it get better cooling effect and let the suction pressur higher to go into compressor. Anyone know that how to sizing this exchanger????
    Can

I don't think that what you are planning is a valid application of that component, nor do I see how heating up our suction gas by that degree would be good for the compressor.

Plate type heat exchangers can be used with great effect to increase capacity, but not the way you are trying to do it.

I'm not sure, But I saw some out pumpout unit made by another factory that it have this plate heat. So, I want to know how to sizing it!
    Can

Quote Originally Posted by can View Post
    I have a pumpout unit, it is using a 27,000BTU R-134a refrigeranion compressor to pumpout the refrigerants. Iwant to installa plate type heat exchanger to use the refrigerants come from the chiller to pre-cool the refrigerants on the discharge line of the pumpout uint to let it get better cooling effect and let the suction pressur higher to go into compressor. Anyone know that how to sizing this exchanger????
    I only do unitary work. I use an appion G5 twin recovery unit. On the output of my recovery machine I found a surplus coaxial heat exchanger and a water hose to condense the gas coming out my recovery machine just to keep my recovery tanks cool . Sorry that's all I got BTW my subcooler is a 15 hp one . Try eBay.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodlistener View Post
    I only do unitary work. I use an appion G5 twin recovery unit. On the output of my recovery machine I found a surplus coaxial heat exchanger and a water hose to condense the gas coming out my recovery machine just to keep my recovery tanks cool . Sorry that's all I got BTW my subcooler is a 15 hp one . Try eBay.
    Do you know the hp of your recovery unit?
    Can

Do you know the hp of your recovery unit?
    1/2 hp
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodlistener View Post
    1/2 hp
    You recovery unit only 1/2hp but the subcooler is 15hp?
    Can

You recovery unit only 1/2hp but the subcooler is 15hp?
    Yeah I w it's a bit overkill but it was FREE . My main reason was it keep my recovery tanks from over heating and instead of making a watery mess everywhere I can control it with this HX. The longer plan is adapt it to use available chilled water for more efficiency. Lol
    UA 100