Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Tools

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

My buddy told me of an experience that he had. He was on a rooftop of a tall 1 story building. Just tall enough that a 28' ladder was just barely tall enough. Anyway, he was on top of the building doing a service call. Next thing he knows, a group of nare-do-wells have knocked down his ladder and were stealing all of his tools from his truck. They just unloaded the whole truck as he watched, unable to get down. Cops didn't arrive in time. They were in and out so fast.

So, I heed his warning. I take my Phones with me everwhere. I also have all of my tools engraved with "Stolen If Pawned" along with my Drivers License number. Was told by a LE friend that atleast that way I will have a slightly better chance of getting my stuff back.

One time my van started messing up. The boss had me take it to the shop and take his truck home. Loaded my tools up on it. Nice pick up with service bed and extra boxes on top. Set up for refrigeration work. He kept his tool boxes in the bed which is where I put mine. We never locked any of the boxes, we lived in bfe. Parked it right in front of my house. I took the meters out of our boxes and locked them in the cab because it looked like rain that night. Next morning the truck was wiped clean. One of the bosses boxes was full of Snap-On tools. I was scared sh!ttless going into work.

Luckily the insurance covered all our stuff.

Thanks for the offer to help! What is your name so I can call Inficon and request to speak to you?

Quote Originally Posted by trippintl0 View Post
    Thanks for the offer to help! What is your name so I can call Inficon and request to speak to you?
    Careful....

Please e-mail me at I understand you may be trying to help but all email addresses must go in your profile otherwise the BOTS crawl the site and slow it down, considerably. We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!
    Last edited by HeyBob; 09-11-2011 at 07:33 PM. Reason: private information listed

Really sorry to read of your misfortune, I lost everything 12 years ago and was totally devistated. Good luck on maybe finding some of your gear.

Good on ya Inficon, really nice thought.

Way to lead, Brett at Inficon!
    I own two D-Teks and will buy same again when needed.
    That's a classy move, hope other tool companies see this and help out as well!
    Praying for good things for ya, Trippintl0...

I was at a furnace replacement job and while I was running back to my truck for parts and tools, I noticed a guy that was casing my boss's and my trucks. Cought him 4 times doing this and the last time I threatend to beat him with my sheet metal hammer. He left shortly thereafter. Hate thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by sgraefe View Post
    Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

My buddy told me of an experience that he had. He was on a rooftop of a tall 1 story building. Just tall enough that a 28' ladder was just barely tall enough. Anyway, he was on top of the building doing a service call. Next thing he knows, a group of nare-do-wells have knocked down his ladder and were stealing all of his tools from his truck. They just unloaded the whole truck as he watched, unable to get down. Cops didn't arrive in time. They were in and out so fast.

So, I heed his warning. I take my Phones with me everwhere. I also have all of my tools engraved with "Stolen If Pawned" along with my Drivers License number. Was told by a LE friend that atleast that way I will have a slightly better chance of getting my stuff back.
    I don't know how it is in Texas but in Florida a pawn shop by law has to send a list to the police every night of everything they took in that day. If they take in something stolen then the police come and pick it up. So here if it has someone name on it and it is not yours they will not take it. So in Florida it would be better not to put anything on it and hope they do pawn it as long as you have the m# and the s# you will get it back as soon as you report it to the police as stolen. I would check with Texas and see if it is the same there...
    HOW MUCH DID YOU SAY???

Contact

Please take a look at our profile for our e-mail address. Look forward to hearing from you soon!

They punched out the locks in the driver side cab door and the rear cargo door. Didn't even damage the plastic handles, just punched out the locks and opened it up. It looks too dang easy.
    This lock system should slow them down
    http://www.cargolock.com/

Ill find out the company I am using but I got tool insurance for about $250/yr covers upto $5000 in tools. Pay a Deductible of $250 and file a police report....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast