True Reachin Cooler Issue

Hello people,

Been at this for over 30 years but I have a reach in cooler thats driving me nuts. Tssu72 (true) compressor overheating. Replaced compressor and cap tube. Blew out condenser & evap. Unit still running with high head..... almost 300 psi back pressure 20 psi............ 134a refrigerant. any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Frank

This is just the welcome area. If you click the red triangle in the top right of your post, a moderator will move it to the refrigeration forum.

Stupid newbee here

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by antiquepicker62 View Post
    Thank you
    You'll get more answers over there.

thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by antiquepicker62 View Post
    Hello people,

Been at this for over 30 years but I have a reach in cooler thats driving me nuts. Tssu72 (true) compressor overheating. Replaced compressor and cap tube. Blew out condenser & evap. Unit still running with high head..... almost 300 psi back pressure 20 psi............ 134a refrigerant. any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Frank
    Sounds like you have an obstructed cap tube. Could be a piece of debris got into it either before or after you installed it. Might be wrong size or too long as well. When the parts boys pick it out of a bin they sometimes grab the wrong one. I've had parts labeled in the bag correctly but obviously the wrong part.

I would suspect the cap tube sizing or the amount of charge, because if it is 30 years old it would not have been manufactured with 134a.

Quote Originally Posted by mseng View Post
    I would suspect the cap tube sizing or the amount of charge, because if it is 30 years old it would not have been manufactured with 134a.
    Would like to think he meant 30yrs in the business, not 30 year old equipment.
    Has True been around for 30yrs?
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein