Fieldpiece LT17AW meter

http://www.fieldpiece.com/classic-style-meters/lt17aw

Just wondering if anyone is using this? Held off from the HG3 wireless deal hoping something like this would pop up. Excited to be able to use my assortment of heads in conjunction now with a meter.

Anyone with have any of the Fieldpiece wireless stuff like the HG3, etc...how solid is the wireless signal? Advertised for 75ft, but does anyone have everyday experience with the signal strength?

Really do not need a new meter, have my Fieldpiece HS36 for the everyday crap, and my Fluke 87 for the more important stuff. Just would like to take advantage of the wireless thing-a-ma-jig for my heads.

Sounds like a EH4W would be what your looking for slc

They say you can connect multiple transmitters like a repeater but I would also like to know what the signal will go through too.

http://www.fieldpiece.com/adapters-a-handles
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

You got that Tx hanging close to the comp, looks like a Lennox. Have you tried moving it around? How about temps at the air handler? I dont know if it matters if its near the comp or not, but I am looking into that same meter. Maybe might hold back now.

I've used it at the air handler its the same works then other times it doesn't. I've had them right beside each other and do the same thing. I'll bring it out on one job it will work great then the next not good at all. Not sure if its a battery issue or whats up. I was going to look into the hg3 if this meter worked ok but doesn't impress me enough to try it out. I'll probably send it back maybe I just got a defective one.

Quote Originally Posted by travbus View Post
    Travbus,

This one does seem to be malfunctioning. I can send you a brand new one. Just PM me your info or call Fieldpiece at 714 634 1844 and we'll take care of it. Thanks!

ok

Today I tried it again wouldn't connect at all but when I powered on my wireless handle a red light flashed very fast on the battery indicator led. So I'm going to try new batteries in it. I'll let you know how what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by travbus View Post
    Today I tried it again wouldn't connect at all but when I powered on my wireless handle a red light flashed very fast on the battery indicator led. So I'm going to try new batteries in it. I'll let you know how what happens.
    Your issue is not with the batteries. That battery light comes on as it's powering up. If it stays on that would indicate a battery issue. But if it turns off that;s just part of powering up. The chip in the LT17AW likely has to be reprogrammed and it has to be done in house. If you call us we'll organize an exchange with your local distributor so you are not without your meter for very long. Thanks!