+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LED Lts. Retrofit/Anthony Ardco @ Multidecks

Post Likes

LED Lts. Retrofit/Anthony Ardco @ Multidecks

I ran into to this last year by accident when I had to repair a lighting system on a low temp 3 door system. The VHO lights were phased out last year and a rep from Phillips Lighting recommended to upgrade to LED lights.
    Went a different route on that particular job.
    I'm currently looking at a multideck and old Ardco Doors walk-in that a custumer wants retrofit with LED lighting.
    This is pretty new so the distributor's really don't seem able to answer some of the detailed questions.
    Anthony Doors has a system. There are some variables on how the lighting actually is distributed based on angle. And they only have systems for the walk-in's.
    Gem Tech has systems apparently for the muti-decks but not the doors. And the rep couldn't answer questions about mounting and light dispersion or intensity versus the system being replaced. (important because of the possibility of the custumer being dissatsfied with the results)
    And the Philips Lighting system had two different outputs available but one of their reps thought the higher output was discontinued.
    I know this topic is refigerant-related but it's system-related. This LED thing is coming big because of the energy consumption and the custumer's are, if I'm not mistaken, eligible for some tax write-offs.
    Does anyone have anything to offer on this type of an install in the way of hardware? Or performance versus energy consumption? There may also be hurdles in mounting but that should minor. Thanks

Post Likes
    I have not done any retrofits yet but a customer of mine just installed two 3 door freezers (masterbilt) at seperate locations. One LED and other conventional, I saw a big difference between the two and think a customer used to conventional would be dissapointed w/ quality of light dispersion and intensity. I'm waiting on induction lighting to come up with a solution for these apps.

Post Likes
    Many grocery stores have done this already. I know that hussmann makes retrofit type stuff and from what I have seen not to difficult to install. The power supply needs to be converted to 24VDC. They will work on 24VAC but you get the 60 cycle blink.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Thanks for the link and input! Greatly Appreciated!

Post Likes
    LED’s work great and lower the heat load on the compressor. The only down side I have found is on some systems you can get frosting around the doors because of the lost heat generated by the florescent bulbs.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in