Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 31
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lawrenceville, GA
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgoodman View Post
    Well, that's a concern. I'll check it out.

    Thanks.
    Don't get me wrong goodman does well marketing there warranty. They know people move or relocate in 5-7 years. Trust me I still sell it sometimes but only to rentals or price shoppers. I would look at the the 2 big guys carrier, trane, all of there warranties transfer over to next homeowner. You can look at some there low end stuff and should be around what you looking for. Remember though you can install a cadilac but if the cadilac is not installed right it won't work like one.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lawrenceville, GA
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    I can tell you that in the past (within about a year) goodman WAS allowing transferal of warranty, provided the new owner payed a fee.

    It's possible that your contractor is not aware of a change.

    Or, it's possible that they still allow it.
    How much was the fee....
    Its free for Carrier or Trane

  3. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    I can tell you that in the past (within about a year) goodman WAS allowing transferal of warranty, provided the new owner payed a fee.

    It's possible that your contractor is not aware of a change.

    Or, it's possible that they still allow it.
    Well, isn't this an interesting dispute......It would certainly make selling a home with a transferable HVAC warranty much more appealing.

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lawrenceville, GA
    Posts
    77

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by oldgoodman View Post
    Well, isn't this an interesting dispute......It would certainly make selling a home with a transferable HVAC warranty much more appealing.
    I remember warranties used be 1 year parts 1 year labor and the unit lasted 20 + years. Most people buying the home dont care. Some do though if they have bought HVAC before.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Posts
    4,923
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonairmaster View Post
    How much was the fee....
    Its free for Carrier or Trane
    Around 150 dollars.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

    "Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

    "Just get it done son."

    Dad adjusted

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lawrenceville, GA
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    Around 150 dollars.
    Thats when you start seperating Price and cost. The price maybe this much now but how much will it cost me later.

  7. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonairmaster View Post
    I remember warranties used be 1 year parts 1 year labor and the unit lasted 20 + years. Most people buying the home dont care. Some do though if they have bought HVAC before.
    They don't make em' like they use too....right?

    I've got 2 split systems that are 20 yrs old......yep, goodmans. Maybe it's luck, maybe it's preventive maint. Who knows.

    But it's time to replace the upstairs one. So, why not go with what we know works. It's all bout the install......right?

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Posts
    4,923
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonairmaster View Post
    Don't get me wrong goodman does well marketing there warranty. They know people move or relocate in 5-7 years. Trust me I still sell it sometimes but only to rentals or price shoppers. I would look at the the 2 big guys carrier, trane, all of there warranties transfer over to next homeowner. You can look at some there low end stuff and should be around what you looking for. Remember though you can install a cadilac but if the cadilac is not installed right it won't work like one.
    Thats not actually factual.

    "The mover rate of all people living in owner-occupied housing units was 5.2%"
    http://www.thecitywire.com/?q=node/9977

    Over a 7 year period, thats a 35% move rate.

    at 10 years, which happens to be the limit of the labor warranty, 50% would have moved.

    That also includes the people who flip houses.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

    "Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

    "Just get it done son."

    Dad adjusted

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lawrenceville, GA
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgoodman View Post
    They don't make em' like they use too....right?

    I've got 2 split systems that are 20 yrs old......yep, goodmans. Maybe it's luck, maybe it's preventive maint. Who knows.

    But it's time to replace the upstairs one. So, why not go with what we know works. It's all bout the install......right?
    Which goodmans do you have the three sided ACs with the big service panel the only thing good that came out of goodman. They never should of changed them.

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Posts
    4,923
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgoodman View Post
    They don't make em' like they use too....right?

    I've got 2 split systems that are 20 yrs old......yep, goodmans. Maybe it's luck, maybe it's preventive maint. Who knows.

    But it's time to replace the upstairs one. So, why not go with what we know works. It's all bout the install......right?
    It's a give and take.

    I doubt there are many that would give rag on williamson for it's dependability.
    It's why their out of business. No repeat customers.

    But, they had low SEER, low AFUE. They probably didn't even run numbers on it.

    Any company could make a 30 year unit.
    Would be willing to pay 3x the cost, on a unit that will be considered low efficiency in 10 years?
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

    "Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

    "Just get it done son."

    Dad adjusted

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lawrenceville, GA
    Posts
    77

    Hmm

    Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    It's a give and take.

    I doubt there are many that would give rag on williamson for it's dependability.
    It's why their out of business. No repeat customers.

    But, they had low SEER, low AFUE. They probably didn't even run numbers on it.

    Any company could make a 30 year unit.
    Would be willing to pay 3x the cost, on a unit that will be considered low efficiency in 10 years?
    correct

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Posts
    4,923
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonairmaster View Post
    Which goodmans do you have the three sided ACs with the big service panel the only thing good that came out of goodman. They never should of changed them.
    What low grade parts, is causing the ASXC16 to be a bad product?

    Emerson boards, Copeland scrolls, GE/Genteq motors, no contactors to burn up, their not using KING VALVES (hint hint).

    All alluminum evap coils.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

    "Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

    "Just get it done son."

    Dad adjusted

  13. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    What low grade parts, is causing the ASXC16 to be a bad product?

    Emerson boards, Copeland scrolls, GE/Genteq motors, no contactors to burn up, their not using KING VALVES (hint hint).

    All alluminum evap coils.
    All a little greek to me, but I do know this ancient system may have started off with a 7 SEER (probably 4 SEER now), and If i can get a 13 SEER....I'm almost doubling my effeciency.

    Right???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event