Thumbs up york ycws chiller

I have a millenium panel and would like to know how to get to the service mode menu?
    I used the 9675 code and entered it , the panel reads service mode enabled but I cannot get to any menu.
    Any help is appreciated.
    GG.

York YCWS Chiller

Last edited by ktxkrew; 09-01-2011 at 02:14 PM. Reason: not a pro

Try code number 1380

The only way to get into service mode is the 9675 # but if you have never done it there are several steps to get there and would not recommend it to you if you don't know what your doing with that Chiller.
    Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !

Thanks for your interest, I have tracked down the sequence,
    9675 , enter, function, oper data,.
    It seems what I wanted was the service
    Mode and I tracked it down. All is good,
    Except the unit still not operating without
    Intermittent OL trips.

Check to make sure the factory OL dip switch settings are correct for your unit. You may have to call Tech support. Mind you I have never worked on a YCWS only YCAS but on the millennium it goes as follows: with power to module and the compressors off> set your dip switches> turn unit switch off> program> 5144> enter> enter %FLA and MP data according to manufactures specs for that model> reset disconnect for 15 seconds> restart. Again this is the steps for a ycas chiller please figure out your application before you just take my advice. And if you happen to figure out the correct way to do it and its different please let me know as I am interested. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 929rc51 View Post
    Check to make sure the factory OL dip switch settings are correct for your unit. You may have to call Tech support. Mind you I have never worked on a YCWS only YCAS but on the millennium it goes as follows: with power to module and the compressors off> set your dip switches> turn unit switch off> program> 5144> enter> enter %FLA and MP data according to manufactures specs for that model> reset disconnect for 15 seconds> restart. Again this is the steps for a ycas chiller please figure out your application before you just take my advice. And if you happen to figure out the correct way to do it and its different please let me know as I am interested. Thanks.

I don't know where you got your info. but it isn't correct.
    mud.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !

Quote Originally Posted by york56 View Post
    I don't know where you got your info. but it isn't correct.
    It isn't correct for what? I can promise you it's correct for setting the overload protection module on a YCAS chiller. I stated that in the post though. It has been quite awhile sense I have worked on one so please enlighten me to what you are referring to.

Setting the dip switchs for any of the DXS compressors is configured from the last publication IOM because there has been several changes the way they are set some are across the line some are wye delta starters , yes you should power down the module configure your dip switch settings. As for changing the FLA and the MP if my memory is correct I don't believe that you need to shut down the rocker switch to change those settings just program 5144 then the hot key make your changes.
    mud.

Quote Originally Posted by 929rc51 View Post
    This is not the closed section of the pro chiller forum. You need to use a little more discretion in handing out service access codes.

Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    This is not the closed section of the pro chiller forum. You need to use a little more discretion in handing out service access codes.
    I apologize. My scanner/printer is broke and I just haven't had time to apply for pro yet. Again I do apologize.
    Quote Originally Posted by york56 View Post
    Setting the dip switchs for any of the DXS compressors is configured from the last publication IOM because there has been several changes the way they are set some are across the line some are wye delta starters , yes you should power down the module configure your dip switch settings. As for changing the FLA and the MP if my memory is correct I don't believe that you need to shut down the rocker switch to change those settings just program 5144 then the hot key make your changes.
    That may be accurate as I did this over the phone with Tech support and was just reading from the notes I made. I'm sure you know plenty more about these machines than I do. They do have all the settings for the different starting configurations in the IOM I have.

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post
    Try code number 1380
    The real problem with this unit , is why the slide valve is at
    Step 0 and the compressor runs @ 70%. I have set the current
    Limit to 60, it runs on current limiting but does not unload to
    60 . At times on start it trips on OL which is code 1 on the
    MP module. All dip switches are set correct.
    This machine has 2 compressors and both start the same.
    Should the slide valve be able to bring the % load to less
    Than 70% on start?
    GOG

Seems to me like your starting up partially loaded...May need to start looking into compressor unloading issues