Thread: Stories.

Had an interesting service call this weekend. A lady (age 50) called our company, saying that her heat pump was broken. Well, it was the weekend, which we charge extra for.
    Well, first she comments, saying that I am "probably to young to know how to work with air condition". I tell her I am licensed, and will atleast find the problem, if I can't fix it.
    Well, all in all, she let her dog (big one, not sure what kind) use it as a toilet. Since the dog had been peeing on it, it ate away at the condensing coil, putting a hole in it. Also, the unit had grass all over the coil, except where the dog had been peeing. Looks like she didn't even care about the unit.
    I tell her what the problem is, and then she claims that "I bet your just making it up!". At that point I just gave her a copy of the bill, and told her that if she wanted our company to fix it, to call the number on our card.

Can you believe this? I seriously can't believe that someone could be that rude

I've had 1 customer like that. At least 1 that comes to mind. I absolutely hate going to her house. Always puts me in a foul mood.
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

eh, I can't believe people have such distrust in servicemen. granted, I'm 18, but if you were to see me, you would think I'm about as clean cut as possible. I just don't understand it. :-\

I know a tech who once had a customer refuse to pay the bill because it didn't take him very long to fix the problem... and that was after her husband couldn't fix it after 3 days of trying.

Originally posted by hvacvegas
    eh, I can't believe people have such distrust in servicemen. granted, I'm 18, but if you were to see me, you would think I'm about as clean cut as possible. I just don't understand it. :-\
    It'll never end!

You're to young now... but before you know it, you'll be an old fart that is to old to be up on the new technology!

we have a bad rep due to all the a-hole crook techs out there, like there isnt plenty of work to go around... good luck and stay true to the trade..................