First things first: The only thing I do to my HVAC equip is change the filter. This is not a DIY question.

My HVAC concluded from a phone conversation that my furnace is oversized because of adding insulation, windows etc.

Can a furnace burner be removed safely thus reducing the output and increasing run time?

Not really. The furnace is sized at the manufacturer. They are not going to allow you to modify it in any way. Doing so will make them not responsible for anything that happens resulting from changing it.

How old is the furnace? Sounds like if its way oversized & is just not comfortable for you that you will probably have to replace it.
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Its old but my HVAC guy sees no real reason to replace it other than it being oversized which I have moderatley undercontrol by way of a VisionPro t-stat set at 3 cycles per hour.

Im not trying to cut corners just thinking of potential options.

If you are getting temp swing, i'd change the cycles per hour to 5, then you won't get such over shot in temp if that you are getting now.

Why do they say no reason to change this out?

how old is it?

how many BTU is it, and sq ft of the home?

I dont have a temp swing problem just a short cycling problem so I am actually intentionally increasing the swing temp to get the furnace to run longer to compensate for it being oversized.

I dont think it is financially justifiable to replace it for being oversized it has a limited life left (3yrs)so I can deal with it until it dies.

Just looking for solutions to reduce its capacity and it doesnt sound like there is any other than replacing.

How do you know it has 3 years life left on it?
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?