Confused

I have a Ruud Deluxe 90 plus central heating & a/c unit,which is 16 years old. It is 32 degrees outside right now, the heat is on, and a lot of steam is coming out of the vent pipe on the roof. Looking around the neighborhood, I dont see any steam coming from other roofs. Is this ok or do I have a problem.
    Thanks for your help.

Steam is common as the products of combustion contain a great amount of water vapor.

steam is expected from high efficiency furnace exhaust

and a lot of steam is coming out of the vent pipe on the roof. Looking around the neighborhood, I dont see any steam coming from other roofs.
    How much visible steam is there after 10 or 15 minutes, as compared with initial startup?

Steam is normal on a cold day.. Just like the exhaust on your car.. your breath... Just warm water vaper.

IK, what dose time have to do with steam?

When my furnace starts up, there is lots of steam. There is steam rising from the flashing area as well, it seems. After awhile there is hardly any steam visible coming out of the pipe.

(You mean my furnace is the only one that works this way?)

When your car starts up in cold weather, there is plenty of steam coming out the exhaust; later, none is visible.

What does time have to do with steam?

[Edited by lk on 12-06-2005 at 06:27 PM]

Thanks for the replies,
    It sounds like this is a normal condition, I was just concerned because the steam is coming out continuously, which I dont see on other roofs
    Thanks.