I have tested the lines, the connections on this Burnham boiler and can't find the problem. The boiler is an older moldel that has been serviced each year by the same company. The boiler only works now -when I hit the red reset option. The boiler fires up to the temperature indicated on the thermostat and then shuts off. It does not refire when the temp drops. We have tested all the parts and connections out and they are in good shape.

Any ideas.

Thanks.

9mm will take care of that red reset option once and for all.

C3/C4 Boiler

Nuisance lockouts are one of the most difficult symptoms to properly diagnose. A qualified technician should be trained and equipped to find the problem that is causing this. It could be a dead spot in the burner motor, a malfunctioning burner relay, a dirty Cad Cell Eye, or simply a mistuned burner. If it happens every single time, then get a technician in to try and pinpoint the problem with his instruments. When it doesn't happen every running cycle is when it gets difficult to diagnose. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help

Originally posted by peppma
    .... The boiler only works now -when I hit the red reset option. The boiler fires up to the temperature indicated on the thermostat and then shuts off. It does not refire when the temp drops. ...
    Seems like the dead spot motor syndrome. Install a new motor and enjoy the heat.