Thread: burnham pv84wt-tlwf

Post Likes

burnham pv84wt-tlwf

I have the opportunity to buy a burnham pv84wt-tlwf that was used for half of last winter for $400. The problem is getting it out of the previous owners basement. Can it be split into 4 pieces and put back together? Is this worth it? Will an installer be willing to put it back together and then stand by it?

Thanks for the input.

Post Likes
    how did they get it in the basement? this sounds like a job for a pro for sure. you could wind up spending more than it's worth when all said and done.

Post Likes
    Don't know. Maybe they assembled it in the basement. Or used some sort of power lift to lower it down the stairs. We are investigating the power lift dollie option.

But, am still curious if it can be split and reassembled reliably. Obviously, the homeowner will split. Then I'd hire a professional to reassemble and install.

This furnace is virtually new. It would be shame to miss out on it at that price.

Post Likes
    you will be lucky to find a "good" contractor to work on something a homeowner has split apart. real risky. you should contact a pro for the removal as well as installation.

Post Likes

I would

not take the block apart. Burnham had enough problems with the V-7 abd V-8's leaking on their own. You're just asking for trouble.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in