Get a no heat call today at this rather large office complex.

Neither floor has heat. First off, owner tried to install new t-stat. Not too successful, rewired t-stat. Now we have heat up stairs.

It's kinda hard to see, but we have 2 radiant baseboard loops on circulators. But in the back we have an injection radiant system. 1 Zone only. It is only 1/2 inch that provides heat for the whole building.

This picture shows us the green Taco (newly replaced) as the injection primary loop and the red grundfoss as the injection loop to the radiant manifold. These are just circulators not injection pumps.

That single circulator runs the whole radiant system. There are 26 radiant loops. They are separated into 4 banks or zones with 6 to 10 loops each. Very long time to heat building, not very effeceint.

This is how *all* the radiant loops are installed.

This is the ARGO panel and radiant mix control.

My questions, is this system correct? Are there things to this system that I can reccomend to help improve it?
    Is this the correct use of an injection system? Are the supply and return large enough?
    I'm used to seeing a seperate circulator for each zone manifold. Also used to seeing a radiant tank for the whole schebang to give the boiler a break. This poor boiler never shuts off. I was there for an hour after repairing it and it never raised above 130 deg. The stat is set for 190. That brings up the 2 baseboard loops not providing enough for the top floor.

I have a few more pictures if that would help. The boiler and the manifold settings.
    Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

The boiler runs all of the time and the radiant pipes are attached under the wood floor without a foil back or insulation. It sounds like you are heating the dead space between the floors more than you are heating the floors themselves. Sounds like you are rejecting heat just fine, but where are you radiating that heat?

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada Occupation:Interprovincial Plumber, Commercial Gasfitter Interests:
    Plates for the staple up will make a world of difference.
    Was there insulation under the tubes?
    Check the manual for the taco, I know most wet rotors don't like to be mounted like that.
    Is there glycol? Glycol does not like galvanised pipe.
    What are the temps in the infloor system?
    What is the model # of the tekmar?
    What are the settings on the tekmar?
    I love my job, but paydays Thursday

Originally posted by rich pickering
    Plates for the staple up will make a world of difference.

Noted that. That is my thoughts.

Was there insulation under the tubes?

Nope. What you see is what is there.

Check the manual for the taco, I know most wet rotors don't like to be mounted like that.

Manual tells us that the system has to have 20 PSI on it when mounted in this position.

Is there glycol? Glycol does not like galvanised pipe.

Don't think so, but it did smell a little like glycol in the system.

What are the temps in the infloor system?

Supply was 85-90
    Return was 55-60

What is the model # of the tekmar?

Don't remember

What are the settings on the tekmar?
    95 Mix

32 Out door sensor

115 Boiler in
    Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Do a heat load calc on the building and then determine how much flow you need and what size boiler you need. You can see the radiation, so that will not be hard to figure. Pipe and pump sizing will be easy to check after that is done.