Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    SouthEastern Virginia
    Posts
    1,077

    Trane Commercial Self Contained wiring

    Help! We just installed a water cooled 30 ton wshp with no interface-just electro-mechanical controls with no vfd. There is no wiring diagram on any of the panels nor with the unit paperwork that came with the unit. Went to Trane Parts today and went on E-Library and the salesperson could not find me a legitimate wiring diagram that goes with my unit. Model # SCWGR3048M0A0215120001020B00AA100U10 Serial # T11E32606. I would be very grateful if someone can direct me to a source for this.

    Thanks in advance.
    It might get loud!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    1,355
    everything i found using your serial # was for units with a user interface.

    I can e-mail the files if you want.
    Saving the world...one service call at a time.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    SouthEastern Virginia
    Posts
    1,077
    Thanks MallRon. We cut the cableties and traced the wiring out to draw our own diagram. It should be illegal for manufacturers to ship equipment without an as built diagram.
    It might get loud!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    colorado mountians
    Posts
    117
    And plumbers to install refrigerant piping systems that have no clue even what a inverted trap is, let alone for.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Middle GA
    Posts
    104
    I have a source for wiring schematics for these units. Did you ever get what you were looking for?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    East Coast FL
    Posts
    1,065
    Sheesh. No wiring diagram on a high dollar unit. Not even with the literature?

    DDC or electo mechanical , man o man.

    I have seen Trane wshp's in general with crappy literature.

    Leme guess , it was a Mexican origin.

    Those units are not high volume and probly built to order , so things get overlooked.

    Like what ya did , trace it out and control the unit the way you want to.

    Do-able on a non-ddc unit for sure.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Middle GA
    Posts
    104
    I don't think this is a WSHP. It is a basic control commercial self contained unit. You are correct that it is a low volume unit. We used to see about 1 out of every 60-75 come down as that option.
    However, it isn't mexican. just south Georgian
    Having worked in the factory that builds these, I can completely understand how it was shipped without wiring diagrams. (one of the reasons I'm not working there any more)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    East Coast FL
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    I don't think this is a WSHP. It is a basic control commercial self contained unit. You are correct that it is a low volume unit. We used to see about 1 out of every 60-75 come down as that option.
    However, it isn't mexican. just south Georgian
    Having worked in the factory that builds these, I can completely understand how it was shipped without wiring diagrams. (one of the reasons I'm not working there any more)
    I completely agree with you sir. A self contained commercial unit over 10 tons seldom will have a reversing valve , it will be a water cooled indoor package unit , or , self contained as they like to call them.

    I am pleased to hear they are made in Georgia.

    Care to elaborate on why you are not surprised about shipping minus the schematic?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Middle GA
    Posts
    104
    Keep in mind, I have been gone for more than 10 years, but when I was there, it wasn't uncommon to find units sitting on trucks that were missing half the ship-with items. It all depended on who did the final packup of the unit. There is a small contingent of people in that facility that care about what kind of product is put out. The other 95% spend their day trying to figure out how to get on disability.
    I used to rant until I was tired of hearing myself talk about the way units would get shipped. Other than to service equipment on the building where these units are manufactured, I haven't been back there recently. However, it didn't seem like things had changed much when I was there.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    East Coast FL
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    Keep in mind, I have been gone for more than 10 years, but when I was there, it wasn't uncommon to find units sitting on trucks that were missing half the ship-with items. It all depended on who did the final packup of the unit. There is a small contingent of people in that facility that care about what kind of product is put out. The other 95% spend their day trying to figure out how to get on disability.
    I used to rant until I was tired of hearing myself talk about the way units would get shipped. Other than to service equipment on the building where these units are manufactured, I haven't been back there recently. However, it didn't seem like things had changed much when I was there.
    Very interesting perspective , lunchbox.

    I would be very curious to hear more about working in a Trane factory.

    You may be able to contribute quite a bit to this site , welcome aboard~

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    mechanical room
    Posts
    1,302
    dam, scary our cust. is getting crap, makes me not want to warrenty it, i mean why should we lose money cause of it

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Middle GA
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by AiResearch View Post
    Very interesting perspective , lunchbox.

    I would be very curious to hear more about working in a Trane factory.

    You may be able to contribute quite a bit to this site , welcome aboard~
    Thanks,
    I much prefer Trane service work to Trane factory work though.
    I hope I didn't give the impresionthat everything to comeout of that factory was junk. The fancoils are actually pretty good considering how many they put out a day.
    CSCs are not too bad, they are just trying to pay people a little over minimum wage to do a technical job, so... you get what you pay for.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    SouthEastern Virginia
    Posts
    1,077
    Wow I've been away for a while and didn't realize this was still going. Siemens is controlling this unit and so far so good. This unit was a special order with only a partial wiring diagram. Whatever happened to a unit coming with a ladder diagram plus a component arrangement?
    It might get loud!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event