Thread: ducane furnace

went on a call for no heat. They were reseting rollout to get heat.Maint had replace rollout already flames not rolling out but very hot.Limit is 300d. combust fan running also has second exhaust fan. Could a cracked exchanger cause this or something i over looking.

ducane
    model mpga075b3
    serial 6356850036

thanks for any help

dave

Could be a crack but I would also check the burners. Does the furnace bring in outside air for combustion.
    I have a set of burners on my desk to replace in a Ducane, because of rusted burners causing flame distortion and tripping the rollout.

furnace in closet outside vents into 4inch dbl wall pipe to powervent,vent line has tee with damper installed. Closet door has 2 vents cut into it for air. Vent line is about 6 foot long with 2 90d elbows.Apartment building was built in 2001 has been working sent then.

Is the vent completely clear? No bats/birds in the ventor assy. No cracks or leaks around the gasket. Gas pressure set to manufacturers recommendations.
    I would check the burners and of course the heat exchanger.

I agree with HTG Guy, check the exaust for partial blockages. Combustion motor is correct from manufacturer. Check obvios things first, check for gas pressure being to high. If that doesnt work you may have a either a crack in heat exchanger, dirty burners, or sometimes if you have LP gas on heat exchangers it will clogg the inside with soot and cause problems.

we took off vent at furnace still tripped rollout. it's on nat. gas should be ok,but will check out.

Hmm

Originally posted by htg guy
    Gas pressure set to manufacturers recommendations?
    check the burners and of course the heat exchanger.

burners!

going back on wednesday will check then