Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I change muh a/c filter once a month. I have a 3 ton York a/c system. It is good. Muh house is not that big that is why i have a 3 ton. The unit is 2-4 years old. If anyone has pictures of old a/c's please post here. Some times people never change their filter and the coil looks like a animal got sucked up in the return. It is funny.

You are funny.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Question

Okey dokey.

[Edited by coolwhip on 12-04-2005 at 09:11 PM]
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

Thumbs up

I unlock the return grille in the ceiling and pull out my blue disposable filter and put it in the trash. I usually wait until it shows signs of loading up with dust. This new hunter air/filter ionizer I have running in the living room has been keeping it much cleaner. If the filter starts loading up with dust you can hear the variable speed fan blowing faster...

Cool

I go down into my mechanical room and turn off the power to my furnace. I remove the 3 week old filter and dispose of it in the trash. I then mark what the current date is on the filter and slide it in the slot and fire the system back up. I use a 3M Filtrete Dust and Pollen Filter with a MERV of 8. It keeps the air clean without being to restrictive.

Check out the "Wall of Shame" Section for Dirty Coils

Originally posted by york_hvac
    I go down into my mechanical room and turn off the power to my furnace. I remove the 3 week old filter and dispose of it in the trash. I then mark what the current date is on the filter and slide it in the slot and fire the system back up. I use a 3M Filtrete Dust and Pollen Filter with a MERV of 8. It keeps the air clean without being to restrictive.

WOW, you change your filter every three weeks? I can ususally get three to four months out of a good filter, and believe me, I'm not that great a housekeeper!

Originally posted by mark g
    Originally posted by york_hvac

WOW, you change your filter every three weeks? I can ususally get three to four months out of a good filter, and believe me, I'm not that great a housekeeper!
    Well, I run the fan on contsantly. I'll grab some pics of a new one compared to a TWO week old one next day.

Since one end of the filter is dirty and one looks clean why not just flip it around? hahaha

I meant to title the question as "How often do you change your A/C filter?" Sorry it must have been a type error. I change muh filter once every month.

I change em when they need it....sometimes once a month,sometimes once every three months, and sometimes once a week if doing drywall repair....
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

filters?

what are filters?

Wait, you're supposed to take the old one OUT?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast