Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I have a duel fuel set up which has been working fine. All of a sudden yesterday the lockout doesn’t work and both the heat pump and the furnace are firing at the same time. The thermostat controlling the change over is the Vision Pro. I know you going to tell me I should call the installer back but when someone says they can install a duel fuel set up and I end up reading the instructions and explaining how to set up the thermostat I lose all trust. I have even reset the VP and reloaded all the settings but that didn't fix anything.

Is there any reason for it to work and then to just get all flakey? I am about ready to go find someone who can just hardwire it.

What make and type duel fuel system. Heat Pump condenser with furnace or duel fuel package unit? What model vision pro tstat did they put in? Did they install an outdoor temperature sensor?

they installed the VP 8000 TH8320U1008 will handle 3 heat and 2 cool and the outdoor temp sensor is installed.

not sure about the first two questions. Its just a heat pump and furnace set up. I had the heat pump already just replaced the furnace side.

Is it in defrost? How long does it run like that?
    "The meek shall inherit the earth"
    "he that's walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly" Proverbs 13:20
    "Pressure is something people feel when they don't know what their doing". Peyton Manning-superbowl MVP

it will run 8 to 12 minutes and then the 90 second extended fan

My Balance point is set to 30

for instance this morning the HP came on with out side temp 34 degrees ran fine by itself - ok

later outside temp 36 degrees HP and furnace came on along wiht the HP shut HP off at electrical box

later heat came on again at 36 out side temp only furnace HP still shut off

later heat came on again outside 35 not the furnace just blower I had to turn HP back on

makes no sense

I'm not overly familiar with the VisionPro. Is there some sort of plenum sensor attached? A plenum sensor would lockout the Y signal anytime the furnace is running.

Check to make sure the outdoor sensor wire isn't jumped in at the furnace. By this I'm talking about being connected inside the furnace and running with the main thermostat wires. Honeywell wants the sensor wired separately from the main furnace wiring. It's possible that you are getting interference. If so, call another contractor, when equipment that I install is still under the warranty, I do not generally continue the warranty once I know that the homeowner has been tinkering.
    "Quality never goes out of style."

Wrong thermostat.

You need the Vision Pro 8321 for a dual fuel Heat Pump system, not the 8320.

8320u1008 with outdoor sensor should work fine. As stated run the sensor wire separate from the t-stat wire to elimanate interferance.
    Steve J.

The outdoor sensor is wired separately from the thermostat to the outside of the house. The 8320 has all the setting for a fossil fuel setup.

No plenum sensor just the outside temp sensor.

I did a hard reset on the VP and pulled the batteries. Reloaded the codes and with a 30 degree balance point and it failed again.

Did a hard reset again and pulled batteries reloaded the codes and set the balance point to 35 and it seems ok for the moment. Its been under 35 degrees so only the furnace has come on. This is a plus since both kept coming on. The real test will be when it goes above 35 if it will go haywire.

I guess I will see how it is over the next few days but would really prefer to have the blance point at 30.

Double check your setup.
    In the configuration code
    170 set to 7 2 heat/1 cool heat pump
    200 set to 1 fossile fuel is back up
    310 increase your deadband to 5 F
    340 set to 2 outdoor temp sens used for control
    350 set to 40 F balance point
    360 set to 40 F lock out
    680 set to 1 less aggressive temp control. This is where you're getting stuck with the HP and furnace running at the same time. The furnace will only come on if room temp can not be achived when the OD temp is above 40 F.

That will be $160.00 consulting fee.

Also make sure the sensor wires are run in shielded cable.
    Sean Cantrell

Wont work for 3 stage if 1 is HP and 2/3 are gas. Ask me how I know. You need a different Tstat or use the 2 stage setting and let the furn. hickon hi @ 10 min. Or get a white rogers which supposedly works or rig up a relay to cut out Y1 when gas valve open.

It is set for the 10 minute delay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast