Question which outdoor unit fits this model air handler janitrol gmp125-

greetings members of the mighty hvac forum.

i am maintenance for 250 apt's in virginia beach and you know with a number like that i am jumping all over the place.

what brings me here to the pro's today is that a condenser unit was stolen last week at my friends office and the bolt cut the lines about 2 feet from the wall so i am good there but what i am trying to find out is how many tons it was??

i looked at the outdoor unit and it was a janitrol gmp125-5 input heat btu's was 125,000 and output btu heat 100,00 btu

i was assuming 125k / 12,000 btu's gives me 10 ton's cooling? i dont think that would be right so once again that is why i come to the ones that can just think for a couple of seconds and come up with the real answer

here are links to the air handler specs

i really appreicate it and i plan on being a dedicated member of this great site

http://www.hvacpartsshop.com/Gmpe075-3%20Series.pdf

http://www.dnmech.com/lit/Good_GMP_SS186ce.pdf

are you giving us the furnace btus, if so then your probably looking at a 5 ton. can you get the model off of the coil. line sizes. if all else fails go to the same size apt and check and see if the inside system and copper are the same. if the building plans are available you could check the specs and see what size you have.

Quote Originally Posted by HJ Controls View Post
    are you giving us the furnace btus, if so then your probably looking at a 5 ton. can you get the model off of the coil. line sizes. if all else fails go to the same size apt and check and see if the inside system and copper are the same. if the building plans are available you could check the specs and see what size you have.
    fellow hvac tech i went back to the office and this time i wrote down the evap coil's model number and was able to pull up the exact model but now i have to go back and measure the line set like you said, i did put electric tape on them yesterday to prevent further exposure to the elements. im stuck in between a 7/8 suction line and a 3/4 suction line according to the pdf which by looking at the suction line again i will be able to find that out

-this will be the third time i have looked at the system to find out what size outdoor unit i need!

im learning slowly lol

anyway here is the pdf to the outdoor unit

i really appreciate you taking the time out to give my situation some thought

good looking out

http://www.dnmech.com/lit/good_ckj_ss213s.pdf

what is the sq. footage of the apt?

Do you have the m.n. of the cooling coil?

gmp125-5 means 125,000 BTU heat with a 2000 max CFM @ 0.5" external static pressure (5 ton) blower. You need to check the evap coil numbers also.