90% Gas Pack

Thread: 90% Gas Pack

I would like to know whether anyone has seen a Lennox Pulse in a gas pack. I have and if I am not mistaken the Pulse was close if not at 90% efficient. So why can they not make a 90% gas pack. Possably mixing a very small amount of heat from combustion to a resevoir of water till it evaporates and exits as a vapor.
    Please tell me what you guys think. Maybe my imagination is just getting carried away.

Mind if I ask a question, too? Can somebody please explain to me what a Lennox Pulse is?

Thank You!

The Lennox pulse is a very different type of furnace than say the tubular you are use to. It would pulsate very rapidly mixing a combination of fuel and air and then ignite it into a large heat exchanger chamber, I am not very well versed on them I have only seen a few and learned from older men who talked of them when I was in tech school.

Originally posted by youngoldtech
    I would like to know whether anyone has seen a Lennox Pulse in a gas pack. I have and if I am not mistaken the Pulse was close if not at 90% efficient. So why can they not make a 90% gas pack. Possably mixing a very small amount of heat from combustion to a resevoir of water till it evaporates and exits as a vapor.
    Please tell me what you guys think. Maybe my imagination is just getting carried away.
    And if the power fails?

Condensation and the outdoor freezing temps don't mix. Plus I think having any heating unit in the outdoors with exposed ductwork can never reach high efficenciy levels. Too nuch heat loss to the outdoors.

Duct losses are not part of the efficiency rating, poor ductwork reduces capcity in this case and destrys heat exchangers.

I guess I see things from a different standpoint then some, I live in the south and we dont have the cold conditions that many of you may be ocustome to. So as a question to people in the north, do any of you guys have gas packs or is it not something seen up north

We have gas packs here in ohio but they are only about 80% eff.
    Steve J.