Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 16
  1. #1

    Talking How to get a replacement refrigerant certification card

    I took a refrigerant certification in the mid '90s from the acca/ferris state university. Does anyone know how to get a replacement card?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    4,356
    Quote Originally Posted by mike napier View Post
    I took a refrigerant certification in the mid '90s from the acca/ferris state university. Does anyone know how to get a replacement card?
    I'd assume, you could contact the EPA. If you know your card number, they should have it on file.

    Mine is falling apart too. It was issued back in 95.
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,208
    mine was issued in '94 and I have no idea where it is. If I need the number I'll just call one of the wholesalers and ask them what the number is. it's on record at every joint on the county
    BEING AN ADULT

    is the dumbest thing I have ever done

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,335
    I took my test in mid nineties with RSES and needed my info for BPI. Emailed them and a few days later I had it ( minus a few dollars).
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

    Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    34

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    34

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hammond,La.
    Posts
    1,176
    Quote Originally Posted by whec720 View Post
    I'd assume, you could contact the EPA. If you know your card number, they should have it on file.

    Mine is falling apart too. It was issued back in 95.

    Cheap lamination pack from wally world will make it last a lot longer.
    "I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1766

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nashville,Tn
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by mike napier View Post
    I took a refrigerant certification in the mid '90s from the acca/ferris state university. Does anyone know how to get a replacement card?
    Go to the ferris web site. There is a section about replacment cards.
    They ask for your name and social security number. ( It's filed under your SS # back then).


    Hope that helps.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    4,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Coalman View Post
    Go to the ferris web site. There is a section about replacment cards.
    They ask for your name and social security number. ( It's filed under your SS # back then).


    Hope that helps.
    Yep, I got mine from Ferris state as well. I sent them $15 and they remailed all mine with a new number insted of my SS#. As soon as I got them I scanned them to my computer for safe keeping.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    tn.
    Posts
    199
    Just got the info for mine opened my wallet and puff it was gone. got mine in 93

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    4,229
    Quote Originally Posted by frank26601 View Post
    Just got the info for mine opened my wallet and puff it was gone. got mine in 93
    That happens to my money as well, I wonder whats up with these wallets out there today.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Spokane WA
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger93rsl View Post
    That happens to my money as well, I wonder whats up with these wallets out there today.
    Must be a foreign job!


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    in a service van down by the river...........
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by Coalman View Post
    Go to the ferris web site. There is a section about replacment cards.
    They ask for your name and social security number. ( It's filed under your SS # back then).


    Hope that helps.


    Great info. Do you have a link to the site mentioned? My card is aproaching the Max Sweat / dry cycle limit.........................Thanx
    It's All about Heat.............................to a degree

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event