Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Appion Core Tool DOA

I just bought a set of two Appion Core tools. One of them has a ball valve that is not fully aligned with the handle. IOW, fully opening the handle doesn't get you a fully open bore. This causes the core removal stem to catch on the interior of the ball valve. It does slide in and out, but it is off enough to be a problem...

sure they would gladly swap them out for you.

got them on Ebay through seller JSPhilly (Johnstone)

They should take care of it.

I just was wondering if anyone else had seen this?

All my Appion Core tools have been perfect; I'm sure they will take care of it. On another note does anyone know where I can get replacement seals for the Appion Core tool?

Quote Originally Posted by dennyf View Post
    All my Appion Core tools have been perfect; I'm sure they will take care of it. On another note does anyone know where I can get replacement seals for the Appion Core tool?
    appioninc this link will give you a list of distributors near you and also the phone number of their Headquarters.

Are you all using the Appion Core tool for quicker evacuation times?

Quote Originally Posted by knave View Post
    I just bought a set of two Appion Core tools. One of them has a ball valve that is not fully aligned with the handle. IOW, fully opening the handle doesn't get you a fully open bore. This causes the core removal stem to catch on the interior of the ball valve. It does slide in and out, but it is off enough to be a problem...
    It does sound like a possible assembly issue. We do an operational test on each one, but looks like one didn't get noticed. If you haven't contacted us to arrange a replacement yet, give us a call at (303) 937-1580 and we'll take care of it at no charge... I apologize for any trouble.
    Christian Pena - Appion Inc.

For faster evacuation, C.O.F.F.: Clean Oil, Full Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Appion-ChrisP View Post
    It does sound like a possible assembly issue. We do an operational test on each one, but looks like one didn't get noticed. If you haven't contacted us to arrange a replacement yet, give us a call at (303) 937-1580 and we'll take care of it at no charge... I apologize for any trouble.
    Thank you... I have sent it to Jsphilly, I will let you know.

Thanks for chiming in.

Evan

Recieved new core tool today.

Thank you Appion and JSPhilly....

Appion, is your factory in Englewood or is that just where you are? I always like to support local business and I sure have enjoyed my Appion core removal tool.

I recently bought a pair from JStone. Used them on a job yesterday and couldn't pull a vacuum below 700mc. Put N2 pressure on the system and one of the core remover tools was LEAKING! Guess that I will have to contact JStone for a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by HuNGRYTeCH View Post
    Appion, is your factory in Englewood or is that just where you are? I always like to support local business and I sure have enjoyed my Appion core removal tool.
    Our factory is actually in Englewood, where we moved to a larger facility last year. Prior to that, we were located in Denver proper, about a mile away from our current location. Since you're local, if you ever need support, feel free to come directly to the factory and we can take care of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lee View Post
    I recently bought a pair from JStone. Used them on a job yesterday and couldn't pull a vacuum below 700mc. Put N2 pressure on the system and one of the core remover tools was LEAKING! Guess that I will have to contact JStone for a replacement.
    As discussed in another thread, the leak MAY be due to a fitting made outside of the SAE standard. However, if it is only one of the core tools you have doing this, it could just as well be a fluke on that tool.

Feel free to contact us directly as well should you not get taken care of right away, as I personally would like to review any core tools not operating as we expect them to... if it ain't tight, it ain't right.
    Christian Pena - Appion Inc.

For faster evacuation, C.O.F.F.: Clean Oil, Full Flow

while on the appion topic my o ring is starting to wear down & only used it a few times. is there a replacement package of rings ? how long they typically last?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast