Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    That coil will not void your warranty and the furnace you selected does not meet the Trane rebate criteria. You need a variable speed furnace to receive a $200 rebate for that system.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Quote Originally Posted by youyou123 View Post
    How about Trane's product? Do you know any changes have been made in the last 4 years?
    The coil installed is a copper tube coil that is no longer made because trane went to all aluminum coils also I do not believe that coil is rated for 410a I would ask that it be replaced with a new coil or make them give you a 10 year part and labor warranty on it

Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    The coil installed is a copper tube coil that is no longer made because trane went to all aluminum coils also I do not believe that coil is rated for 410a I would ask that it be replaced with a new coil or make them give you a 10 year part and labor warranty on it
    Hi, Catmanacman,
    The items listed on my contract does say the 4TXCC044BC3HCA is COVERTIBLE CASED COIL WITH HP NON-BLEED TXV -ALL ALUMINUM.

Do you mean the 2007 coil intalled in my house is not aluminum but copper?
    When did Trane make that change, 2008?,2009?,2010? If I can be sure the 2007 model is load with the copper tube coil instead in aluminum, then I can ask the dealer to replace with a newer model since it is not the same as the contract. I bet my dealer will tell me the 2007 model is the same as the newer model.
    Skyheating and RyanHughes both said the 2007 model is fine to use. Now I am really confused which way to go.

Technically what was installed was not what the contract listed if you look closely at the model numbers (you were quoted the newer model).

TXCC044BC3 vs. 4TXCC044BC3. I don't know if there is any difference between the two coils (hopefully someone here does know with certainty). There is a good chance that only the model number changed to include the "4" prefix to designate R410A. If that is the case, then functionally it should work just fine. You mentioned that the coil is R410A compatible based on the label. However, the ratings in the AHRI directory list your outdoor unit with the newer coil model nomenclature, not the old. See what information your dealer gives you. I'd be curious where they got the 2007 coil from. Must have been sitting on a shelf for a long time.

Trane has been in the process of converting to all aluminum coils for about 4 years i believe it was after they they changed to the new model number adding the refrigerant designation as the first. Digit

Hi Ryan,
    The model # listed on my contract is 4TXCC044BC3 HCA.
    The sticker on the coil installed states the model # is 4TXCC044BC3HCAA.
    SO the coil installed has one more A listed at the end.
    Who can tell me what it stands for ?

Hi, Catmanacman
    Where do you get the info about the 2007 model being copper tube?
    If indeed my coil is copper tube, which is discontinued, even with the warranty for parts and labor provied by the dealer, how can it be repaired in case it breaks down?

By the way, the sticker on the installed coil does say the refrigerant type is R410A only

I wouldn't worry about the extra A at the end. It's not a major revision or a minor revision number. Trane calls it a "Unit Parts Identifier." (pg. 3 - http://trane.com/webcache/un/split%2...6_05012010.pdf)

From your original post I was assuming that you had the older TXC coil (without the "4" prefix). By the model number alone, it looks like you have the right coil. Why you got a 2007 model I don't know, but it's looking more as if you do have the correct coil. Post the serial number and perhaps someone can dig deeper for you (i.e. confirm the actual production date and coil type).

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    I wouldn't worry about the extra A at the end. It's not a major revision or a minor revision number. Trane calls it a "Unit Parts Identifier." (pg. 3 - http://trane.com/webcache/un/split%2...6_05012010.pdf)

From your original post I was assuming that you had the older TXC coil (without the "4" prefix). By the model number alone, it looks like you have the right coil. Why you got a 2007 model I don't know, but it's looking more as if you do have the correct coil. Post the serial number and perhaps someone can dig deeper for you (i.e. confirm the actual production date and coil type).
    I search all the installation guide the installer left for me, including heat pump, gas furnace, thermostat, but I can't find anything for the coil. Isn't that odd.
    The serial number on the coil is 7432W3H5G. The manufacture date is oct 2007.
    If anybody can find out whether its coil tube is made with copper or aluminum, that will shed some light on it.

The first 7 gives you the year of manufacture, 2007. The model number you have now is the same one that's listed in the AHRI directory showing it as an approved matching coil for the 4TWX5042A1. I would think if anything had really changed in 4 years that would make a difference in system performance, Trane would have modified the model number to reflect that. You can tell if the coil is aluminum simply by looking at it (inside the case). Hopefully others will confirm that the coil you have is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    The first 7 gives you the year of manufacture, 2007. The model number you have now is the same one that's listed in the AHRI directory showing it as an approved matching coil for the 4TWX5042A1. I would think if anything had really changed in 4 years that would make a difference in system performance, Trane would have modified the model number to reflect that. You can tell if the coil is aluminum simply by looking at it (inside the case). Hopefully others will confirm that the coil you have is fine.
    Ryan, thank you so much for your reply.

Base on the info from all of you, it seems the 2007 model is ok to stay if I can open the case to verify the inside coil is aluminum. Is that right?
    I know to replace the coil will be a big job since the coil is sitting below the furnace and all lines that connect heat pump and drain pipe have to be cut open and re-attached. I doubt the dealer is willing to pay the extra labor.
    But on the other hand, I think it is not fair to me that pay the big money but get the old unit. Why did they have the old unit installed in my house? Being Negligent or doing it on purpose, only the dealer can answer the question !!!

Correction:

In my original post, I put down
    Coil unit : TXCC044BC3HCAA

Actually it is 4TXCC044BC3HCAA on the coil's face plate

It's my bad that missed typing 4 into the model # which might cause confusion to some of you who read my question in the original post. Sorry for that.

Now I have a question about posting in the forum.
    Is it possible to make the correction to my original post? Or can I add a note to it, so whoever read it in the first time will not be misled to think that's an old TXC model.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by youyou123 View Post
    Correction:

In my original post, I put down
    Coil unit : TXCC044BC3HCAA

Actually it is 4TXCC044BC3HCAA on the coil's face plate

It's my bad that missed typing 4 into the model # which might cause confusion to some of you who read my question in the original post. Sorry for that.

Now I have a question about posting in the forum.
    Is it possible to make the correction to my original post? Or can I add a note to it, so whoever read it in the first time will not be misled to think that's an old TXC model.
    Your coil is aluminum product date does not matter for warranty. Register on line at Trane.com or call 800-554-6413

Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    This answer was based on the original model number you posted since you have corrected the model number that changes everything and that coil is a 410a coil .also if you have the 10 year trane extended warranty i would not worry about it ,enjoy the comfort and lower utility bill your new Trane

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast