My coil was switched from a A/S TXC050C4HPDO to a high efficiency coil which is 6 inches taller,TXC065S3HPCO.
    Do they list the static pressure drops for coils. I would like to know if the larger coil has more or less static pressure drop and how much. I would think there is less.
    If my returns are on the small side will this have any beneficial effect on my overall static pressure. I have a VS blower.

I believe that the static pressure drop is based on the 400 CFM/ton standard through the coil. Thus if you are pushing the same CFM through the new coil (which should be the case with the VS blower motor) then the static pressure would be less on the new coil.

What do you mean by the return being "on the small side"?

You would have to look at the product specs / product data sheets for the coil. The pressure drop information is generally provided there.

What outdoor unit? The TXC-C line normally is used with a 10 SEER. The S line has a non bleed TXV which requires a scroll compressor or hard start kit on the old recip, neither will you get in a 4 ton 10/11 SEER.

The bigger coil runs just under .1 less static than the 050.

Baldloonie
    Thanks for the info on the pressure drop.
    Outdoor unit is A/S 2A7A2048A1000AA which I have been told is a 4 ton with a scroll compressor. Have a hard start unit since it made my lights flicker. Don't know if it will prevent the flicker till we get warm weather again. Was told that the outside and inside unit will give me 13 SEER.

Saldier
    My main return trunk is 25 by 10 which I have been told is on the small side. Was 24x8 before the new furnace was put in.

An undersized return will cause higher static pressure. Unlike PSC motors, the VS motor will draw more power as the static pressure increases. There will be no benefit to the equipment by having higher static pressures.

What furnace is installed with the TXC065 coil? Do you have pictures?

Sadlier
    I realize that too high a static pressure is not helpful. That is why I was interested to know if my static would go down if I had a coil with a lower pressure drop. I am happy the PD is less with the larger coil.Thanks for your interest.

deanoac
    The furnace is A/S AUD120R9V5K4. I have been told this has a 5 ton VS blower. The a/c unit is 4 ton. Thanks for your interest also.