Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: selling IAQ

Any good tips on moving IAQ products?I would also like to know if there are any other sites that you guys go to about the benifits of IAQ products.THanks

http://www.airadvice.com/

Personally I've seen IAQ to be slow movers. They can be useful when HO are upgrading a system and want the works. Just have to be in the right neighborhood and they can work. By the time people realize they have IAQ problems it's usually way out of hand and the habits that got them there will be hard to change - it will often become your fault. lmao
    Do not attempt vast projects with
    half vast experience and ideas.

Compared to quoting equipment that people call and request, selling IAQ is real skill. 7 out ten consumers are not interested. The IAQ fads have burned out the consumer and the salesman. What' real IAQ? Fresh air to purge pollutants and replace oxygen, dehumidification to maintain <50%RH to avoid mold and dust mites, and +10 MERV air filtering to keep air/equipment clean. These points are supported by EPA/American Lung Ass.. Do your systems provide this? The first salesman that admits their equipments elimitations to provide is out because all the others claim the minimal systems will provide all of the above. The reality is that under ideal conditions the minimal system will provide adequate IAQ. Rain for a week, lack of wind, or cooling/heating system operation deteriorates the IAQ. Combine ideal comfort with IAQ and you may stand a chance. It takes years to gain the reputation of a problem solver of comfort or IAQ problems. Make sure you have a source of income, can handler the rejection of the 7 out of 10 "don't care what's the price" folks. I have been mfg/selling IAQ for 15 years, it's getting better but not easy. We had other sources of income until IAQ products could stand on their own. IAQ is still the most difficult to sell product, we mfg. TB

selling IAQ is certainly more Art than Science.

what is

TB?

TB is teddy bear. Sorry TB

I was asking

you what do you manufacture? sorry for typo

Selling Indoor Air Quality is easy. The hard part is keeping up with who has what filter or which UV bulb goes with what customer. It pays to have good software to keep track of IAQ replacement junk.

Try selling a range of products like:

Honeywell Touchscreen Thermostats
    AprilAire 5" pleated media filter systems
    Thermastor whole house dehumidifiers
    CO detectors
    Water prevention devices
    Humidifiers
    Attic Tents
    etc.

***Make sure you can keep track of replacements or it will get out of hand***

Re: I was asking

Originally posted by air2spare
    you what do you manufacture? sorry for typo
    We manufacture the Santa Fe, Ultra-Aire, Hi-E Dry, and Phoenix dehumidifiers. We also mfg. the Therma-Stor heat reclaim water heaters. TB

selling IAQ is easy...when dealing with an uneducated client.

anyone with the ability to Google and do some basic research on the subject will quickly realize indoor air quality STARTS with:
    air changes, % fresh air, humidity controls, and limits on infiltration (i.e. take your dusty coat and boots off AT THE DOOR).

good filtration down at the air handler is good for the air handler.

outside air is very over rated

tell that to ASHRAE.

ASHRAE! Outside air is over rated! I'm not saying not needed just that it is not the cure for most things!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast