We were bombed by Japan, again.

Had a really neet pearl harbor reinactment this afternoon at the airshow. The aircraft in the demonstration were the actual aircraft from the movie Toro, toro, toro.

Movie was tora tora tora..... tora means tiger in japanese but in this case the letters meant totsugeki raigeki or charge attack torpedo attack....and was a code sent by the japanese pilots back to their carriers announcing that their attack was a complete surprise to the americans on pearl harbor.... and of course...it was......

Pretty good movie....I remember seeing it and the battle of britain as a kid.... both were a little long but were still good movies.

Nice photos....post more if you got em....

I havent been to an air show in 30 years.....I used to go to at least one every year as a child...I always liked airplanes and aviation.

Your right it was tora, the P-40 was known as the flying tiger. I do remember seeing that move once a long time ago.

Airshow is scheduled here in a few weeks and both me and the wife are looking forward to it. This time I plan on taking the grandboys!
    I'm good at making things cold...You can ask my first two wives!

The "Japanese" aircraft used during the film were actually American trainers modified for the film.