+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Do It Right"

Post Likes

"Do It Right"

"'Heating and Cooling" is the name of the company that hacked this one in. I am 100% serious. Not sure if that is schedule 40 or sdr21 for the electrical service.....
    Some people know the cost of everything but the value of nothing.

Post Likes
    so.....what's the chance it'll still be up there the next time a big blow comes through?
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    Mike Holmes is having a conniption right now.
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

Post Likes
    Wont pass code. No safety chain.
    Never argue with a crazy man.

Post Likes
    Well, the unit CAME on the pallet, they just installed it the way the manufacturer shipped it..

Post Likes
    That is a purdy decent pallet.
    Never argue with a crazy man.

Post Likes
    Love the way the roof penetration does dual purpose. It keeps it from sliding off too!!

Post Likes
    What happens when the pallet falls apart or rots out. Don't you just love people that do sh%t work

Post Likes
    Local crack heads will probably scrap it before the pallet has a chance to rot out
    It's all about heat transfer...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by qssfl View Post
    Local crack heads will probably scrap it before the pallet has a chance to rot out
    Good point!

Post Likes
    Now that is awesome. Commercial work at its best. I wonder if the owners cousin got big bucks to install this one.
    Good Things Come To Those Who Wait, But Only the Things Left Over By Those Who Hustle.

Abraham Lincoln

Post Likes
    If they removed the crate, they would have had enough armaflex to completely cover the suction line. How much did they spend on the leveling lumber and cinder block? Wait, that was laying on the ground, they just utilized what was handy and recycled it!
    Psalm 51:10, 12

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ldmth44 View Post
    If they removed the crate, they would have had enough armaflex to completely cover the suction line. How much did they spend on the leveling lumber and cinder block? Wait, that was laying on the ground, they just utilized what was handy and recycled it!
    Its about time HVAC became "green". I think you get LEED points for recycled material.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mdharris68 View Post
    "'Heating and Cooling" is the name of the company that hacked this one in. I am 100% serious. Not sure if that is schedule 40 or sdr21 for the electrical service.....

Someone was proud enough of their work to put their company name on this wow just wow!

Post Likes
    I thought i have seen it all

Post Likes
    What is the huge pile of something they are trying to use to seal the roof penetration? The sheet hiding that death trap must have blow off sometime after they got paid.
    "I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1766

Post Likes
    A little explanation is in order here. Have you ever heard the stories about the cultured people that own a lot of convenience stores here in the good old USA and they like to beat you down on the price of your work and are slow payers? Well the guy who did this work was low bidder. Go figure....
    Some people know the cost of everything but the value of nothing.

Post Likes

Why this is not a good install??????

Quote Originally Posted by mdharris68 View Post
    For starters there is more to this picture. The owners of this gas station wanted to do all they could for the lowest cost. They were given an estimate for fitted plat-forms and also an estimate for the electric and roof penetration sleeves. They didn't want to spend the extra money so they did it themselves. As far as the equipment installation goes the owners knew up-front what could happen if the unit wasn't installed with the right equipment curb under it. They were in a hurry and needed refrigeration to sell products immediately. Since the last 4 contractors have been jacking up the previous system while putting 134a in a 502 system. Which not to mention any names, was the company that posted this picture and really does not do any business in the area for that reason.

Post Likes
    so i guess you do their work now,then when you try to get paid "you give me discount " on the bill cause "that too much " ??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jstone1982 View Post
    For starters there is more to this picture. The owners of this gas station wanted to do all they could for the lowest cost. They were given an estimate for fitted plat-forms and also an estimate for the electric and roof penetration sleeves. They didn't want to spend the extra money so they did it themselves. As far as the equipment installation goes the owners knew up-front what could happen if the unit wasn't installed with the right equipment curb under it. They were in a hurry and needed refrigeration to sell products immediately. Since the last 4 contractors have been jacking up the previous system while putting 134a in a 502 system. Which not to mention any names, was the company that posted this picture and really does not do any business in the area for that reason.
    You gotta be kidding me. Right? There is never an excuse to do work that shotty. Either you do it right or you walk away. That is your name on it. Have some freakin pride in your trade. Pathetic. I would fire my employees for doing something like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in