Odd Rheem Model - Need Output BTU Rating

I recently bought a house with a Rheem Model RGGC-125A, Serial CN3D103 F4882 6544. It is an odd looking furnace and I don't think I have ever seen one like it. I don't think I have ever seen a Rheem model starting with RGGC either. I do mostly commercial stuff and refrigeration though, so it could be more common than I think. I would like to replace it this summer or next.

I am trying to figure out what the output rating is so I can figure out the expected efficiency. Since this unit appears to be from 1982, I would expect it to be about 70%?

Does anyone have any info on this model?

Check your email hopefully thats what you want.

Thank you! It does indeed have what I needed, and that is the output which is 95K. That makes it about 76% efficient. I'm sure it probably isn't this efficient after nearly 30 years though. The furnace looks brand new and works well. I haven't opened it up for a HX inspection yet though. Now I have to decide if I should replace it before next winter, or just keep it through next winter and spend that money on improving insulation and replacing windows. The house is leaky enough that I think I might be better off tightening it up now and replacing the furnace later.

Micahwes: If the furnace is working and the heat exchanger is good, leave it alone until you get the envelope sorted out. Have a service tech (not a salesman) come out to service the furnace. They'll tell you if there are any problems with the HX.

Edwardjw: It might be informative for other folks here if you post your response to the question instead of e-mailing it to the OP.

I have a Rheem RGGC-095c as well. Does anyone have a manual for this?

Quote Originally Posted by MicahWes View Post
    I recently bought a house with a Rheem Model RGGC-125A, Serial CN3D103 F4882 6544. It is an odd looking furnace and I don't think I have ever seen one like it. I don't think I have ever seen a Rheem model starting with RGGC either. I do mostly commercial stuff and refrigeration though, so it could be more common than I think. I would like to replace it this summer or next.

I am trying to figure out what the output rating is so I can figure out the expected efficiency. Since this unit appears to be from 1982, I would expect it to be about 70%?

Does anyone have any info on this model?
    I would start looking to replace that furnace with a 90 percent furnace