setting up electric for 3ton packaged unit

May install a Multiposition Goodman 3 ton Packaged unit with 15KW strip kit. (First time) I know I need a 60 and a 30 Amp, for the heat; but, wondered about the compressor and fans, and how those are figured in.
    #2 wire into the panel? 15 ft. to unit...is #6 from panel to unit gonna be o.k.?
    I've been looking through my books, and youtubing for understanding/visual on how to set it up.

If unit has single point connection, then 90 amp wire (#2) will cover heat and compressor, etc.
    This is what will be run from disconnect to unit.

look at

the data rating plate, it will tell you what you need to know. Sounds like this is for the heater package only. You need to consult the installation manual or contact a pro for proper electrical supply. DIY rules prohibit me from going into too much detail.

Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    the data rating plate, it will tell you what you need to know. Sounds like this is for the heater package only. You need to consult the installation manual or contact a pro for proper electrical supply. DIY rules prohibit me from going into too much detail.
    I couldn't agree more. If you are messing with electrical, you should know what you're doing.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    I am going to be working on it with an experienced installer, I just want to have a better idea of it so I don't have to make the old man work as hard trying to get me to understand, and work it.