There are rules to follow on this site.

No pricing is allowed

You may post again if you like but keep it in one location and no pricing.

Please read the Forum Rules before re-posting

[Edited by Lusker on 12-01-2005 at 10:06 AM]

Deep down you know what to do, If #3 treata you like this before he even has a contrct how do you think it will be after he's cashed your check, Don't they have any other rheem dealers? I had a Goodman like you decribe and it's better than I ever considered it would be.

First, I must apologise for my 1st post. I mistakenly included prices.
    My question had to do with comparing a Goodman 2 stage, variable speed 93% eff.furnace, a Goodman 13 SEER AC unit and an Aprilaire humidifier with a 10 year parts and labor warranty, lifetime heat exchanger warranty from a reputable contractor to a Rheem 90+ unit from another reputable contractor who hasn't had time to get back to me yet? It's been 4 days with no heat, 2 days waiting for a proposal. They're all out hunting, apparently.
    Is there a a significant difference in those 2 units that would warrant us waiting? From what I understand from reading posts on this site, it's the installation that's important more so than the specific unit. And, I guess customer service would fall into that category as well.
    Thanks for your responses and again, I'm sorry for not posting right the first time. It must be the chill in here is getting to me!

If the contractor puts hunting before you when you have no heat, he's not the kind of contractor you want!
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

They are both good systems with the Goodman being slightly more efficient. As usual, you should go with the contractor that you trust the most. Price should not always be the ending factor. You are also paying for the installation which can vary greatly between the slap it in and pick up a check company to the one that run tests the system and makes sure you are happy before they take your money.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Thank you for your responses. We decided to go with the Goodman for several reasons. Amoung them are: warranty, customer service from the Goodman contractor, lack of customer service from the Rheem contractor (he called yesterday to say that after 2 days, he still hadn't gotten to doing an estimate for us. He asked if "we'd taken care of our furnace yet?" No apologies or anything.),and heat restored to our house this afternoon! I can't say that in the research I've done in the last few days that I learned enough to know that Goodman is the "right" or "best" furnace but I have definately learned that the contractor is an important part of the equation. Since we've committed to the Goodman units with Aprilaire humidifier, I can hope that they will work out well for us thus dispelling any of the negative oppinions I've heard about Goodman. One thing, I definately don't want to have to go through this process again for a long time. I guess it's better to do the research before the furnace goes out! This morning our daughter said on her way out the door into 30F temperatures, " Hey, it doesn't feel as cold outside when it's so cold inside!" This afternoon, we should be defrosting in here when the Goodman man comes to the rescue!

On the plus side if you or your contractor has a problem
    you can ask RoBo!

Beenthere...your right so I will recant

[Edited by smadave on 12-02-2005 at 09:07 PM]

So dave in NJ, what benifit has your statement given the OP.

Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

when your new system is installed, take some pics and post them on here. pay careful attetion to venting, drainage, ductwork(sealed), sizing, wiring, etc..

don't be shy, take alot of pics and post.

good luck.