+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SMAN3 vs. Batteries

Post Likes

SMAN3 vs. Batteries

I've got a problem with my SMAN3 and I haven't seen anyone else complaining. My gauges are eating batteries like there's no tomorrow. I'm in the office more than on the road but if I put a brand new set of batteries in the SMAN3 and do only a couple of jobs, then let it sit a few days, when I next try to use it the bats are dead and the when I turn them on, I get a "Lo Bat" indication and they shut right off. I cannot afford to keep putting batteries in every 4th job. Seems like they're draining even when the gauges are turned off.

Anybody else having the problem?

Post Likes
    I've had my gauges for about 4 months and it's FINALLY dropped one bar on the battery meter. You may have a shorted wire problem somewhere. I had the same problem with a volt meter at one point. Put new batteries in it and by the end of the day they were dead, even if it didn't get used.

Post Likes
    No battery problems here!

Post Likes
    Use mine every day for the past 2 months. Still has all the bars.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    mine was down to 2 bars after 4 months of none stop usage, finally chaged them last week.

seems u diff have a issue, russ will take care of it

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by skippedover View Post
    I've got a problem with my SMAN3 and I haven't seen anyone else complaining. My gauges are eating batteries like there's no tomorrow. I'm in the office more than on the road but if I put a brand new set of batteries in the SMAN3 and do only a couple of jobs, then let it sit a few days, when I next try to use it the bats are dead and the when I turn them on, I get a "Lo Bat" indication and they shut right off. I cannot afford to keep putting batteries in every 4th job. Seems like they're draining even when the gauges are turned off.

Anybody else having the problem?
    A guy I know is having the same issue, idk if he contacted fieldpiece or not, but it is the exact same problem......
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

Sig line removed by Admin*

Lets see if this gets removed..............

Post Likes
    Thanks for the feedback. Seems like I have an anomaly. I'll give Russ a call on Monday and get a plan. They've done this to some extent since they were new a few months ago but now they're really bad. Glad to know there's hope. Otherwise I like the gauges fine. The clamps are a little on the cheesy side and had the low side one break but I had another more robust one I substituted so no biggy. But the battery thing has got to be fixed. Thanks again.

Post Likes
    actually I think I remember a post on battery eating digitals, SMAN's if I am not mistaken.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in