Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Well after looking at the pics I will admit the finger prints take away from them. But I'm human and it was hot. Old system was rheem 2 ton HP turned 90 degrees from where the new one is and flex everywhere. Used 1.5 ton 12 seer with varible indoor AH.

Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Yer disconnect is crooked.

Just kiddin'

Looks great!

Come do mine.

Now that is work to be proud of. 99% of installs like it would be a tangled mess of flex snaked around the attic with the air handler laying on the rafters hidden.

Keep posting Scott, I enjoy admiring your work!

Looks great. The only thing you might want to do is insulate the drain trap or have the trap inside the em.pan.
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

Nice job, I guess the fully floored attic didnt hurt

Originally posted by swampfox
    Nice job, I guess the fully floored attic didnt hurt
    Not at all Should have taken a before pic with flex everywhere. 50% of floor space lost.

Nice clean install. Very Nice.

I do have a question though. When you are installing an outdoor unit on a concrete slab, what is the reason for putting another pad on top of it? Is it one of those foam pads in an effort to reduce vibration or just one of those "my supplier just gives me a pad with every unit" deals?

Doc

Unit must be 3" above surface or ground it's placed on. Thats my understanding of the code requirement. There are 1" waffle pads between the unit and the pad for vibration. Yes it's foam under the bottom of the pad or should we say composition enhanced.

Great looking install. You should be proud of the work you do. Especially taking your time in a hot attic. One question: Is that duct insulated?

What kind of connection is the duct held together with (snaplock/pitts)? I haven't seen those type of connections sealed with tape (or mastic) except for really high pressure commercial systems. Cool extra touch though!

duct

the duct has 1 1/2" liner in it. The code requires that all seams and connections be sealed. The duct connections are normal S & D with pittsburgh seams.

Nice job! Only one question though. Where do you find attics like that? I'm usually in an attic with 2 feet heighth and my face in the fiberglass.
    SRJ

SBJ

Just lucky I guess. Been doing customers work for 20 yrs. Few people would ask if you charged enough on their job when your done. Replacing the heat pump for downstairs with gas 90% and straight AC next spring. I'll probably suggest running the numbers due to the increase in cost of nat. this season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast