Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos mendoza View Post
    i had already replaced my compressor 3 times due to same problem, the mechanical side was always stuck up. what could be the caused of it?
    Welcome. Go to http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=1 and find the button at the top left side of the screen that says, "NEW THREAD", and start a new thread with your question. Add more information if you have any, including brand, model number and age of equipment.

Also find the USER CP on the left side or the menu at the top of any page, and go to it and enter your city and state because climate matters.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
    Mark Twain
    More at: http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/education/

late to the party

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 09-03-2012 at 11:09 AM. Reason: non AOP member

the beep

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

Is it just the fan that is cuting off and on? The compressor should have a 5 minute delay so it does not start until the high and low pressure are about equal..
    Blue Fox

Name:  131615556535.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  45.4 KB
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Your contractor is wrong as the high pressure switch on that unit cycles off at over 500 psi it could be a high or low pressure switch also could be wired wrong on the tam units you have to wire the indoor unit with all wires landing on the terminal board or the eev will not work properly
    We really need change now

YEESH! this happens a lot lately...

maybe we can get the webmaster to change the background color on ancient posts to red or something to prevent us from posting on resurrection posts...
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...
    The three big summer hearththrobs...
    Mel Gibson
    Dwane Johnson
    The A/C repairman

If you will let us know when you get this fixed what was the problem. This is a problem that I have not ran into in 50 * years if Heating and Cooling. Units now a delay so they can not start right back up.
    Blue Fox

Sorry for bumping this two year old thread, but my compressor now needs to be replaced. Everything "seemed" to be working fine, but now it's gonna cost me $900 to replace a compressor on a brand new Trane system that was installed in April of 2011.

My heat wasn't working. The guy who came out charged me their normal service call fee, and then told me that he re-wired the unit so the emergency heat would work (shouldn't the emergency heat have been working anyway?). Anyway, he told me the compressor was running but not pumping and needed to be replaced.

I am thinking about going with a different company for the repair since the company who installed it is unwilling to work with me since my 2 year labor warranty just ended.

Quote Originally Posted by phatmass View Post
    Sorry for bumping this two year old thread, but my compressor now needs to be replaced. Everything "seemed" to be working fine, but now it's gonna cost me $900 to replace a compressor on a brand new Trane system that was installed in April of 2011.

My heat wasn't working. The guy who came out charged me their normal service call fee, and then told me that he re-wired the unit so the emergency heat would work (shouldn't the emergency heat have been working anyway?). Anyway, he told me the compressor was running but not pumping and needed to be replaced.

I am thinking about going with a different company for the repair since the company who installed it is unwilling to work with me since my 2 year labor warranty just ended.
    Call Trane and have a consumer complaint file started.

The FSR should be able to help you since there has been numerous problems with your system.
    If the compressor is running he should have been definitive as to what is wrong. It could be the reversing valve or internal pressure relief.

Yes you should get better service than that I would complain too with trane field rep.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456