Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thx control dude I did check the unit and it does have the 5 blade fans and the amprage is actually a little over the full load amps of the condenser fans. I did check the pressure on the R-22 freon and there is no air in the system and I did remove the charge and weight it in to the name plate specks. I did however disable the smallest compressor and the machine runs and discharges the 55 degree air as needed by the building. I checked the coil at night to confirm that I could see light through the coil and it is clean (as I cleaned it myself) I have not had any issues once I disabled the compressor. I did however find out if the oat temps are over 95 degrees the unit has has problems for years. I also took a pressure drop across the condenser and I have a 25psi differance from the compressor discharge to the tap on the liquid line at the service valve.
    Thx Guys for all the responses
    If you find it bad 3 different ways- ~its bad~

Does this unit have low ambient dampers? If so are they open? Also make sure all fans are running the right way by climbing on top of unit. I have seen these run backwards because of a bad run cap you can't tell by looking at the fan it looks like its going the right direction. You must feel the air flow coming out to make sure its turning the right way.

You say that the condensers are clean, is the discharge air off the condenser fans straight up or hitting you in the face?

I agree with Lynn Comstock about the refrigerant purity and weight. If I don't know if it is correct, recover, change driers and weigh in the correct charge. When you check the charge by subcooling or superheat, the manufacturer says that the charge has to be close to begin with before using those methods to check and adjust the charge.

Have you verified with Trane that the fan blades are correct, the fans are turning in right direction and the fan blades are in the proper position in the opening?

Is it possible someone has swapped out a compressor on this unit? The unit has 2 different size compressors in it now, maybe it was suppose to have more smaller compressors? Seen it before, and causes the unit to act like condenser is too small.

Quote Originally Posted by a.desisto View Post
    Is it possible someone has swapped out a compressor on this unit? The unit has 2 different size compressors in it now, maybe it was suppose to have more smaller compressors? Seen it before, and causes the unit to act like condenser is too small.
    Good suggestion. Welcome to HVAC-talk. Go pro when you get more posts up.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
    Mark Twain
    More at: http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/education/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123