Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It reconfigures the L.T.B for conventional thermostats. The pain in the neck is to see if your unit is pre 93 or after 93. They change where the wires land on the LTB

Ok, ill check. It is a reliatel board. It is cool all the things u can do it just cost to much to replace.

Yeah. I like working on Trans units. They are usually pretty easy. I hate Yorks, no field experience by anyone in the factory, the electrical panel is way to small.

I'm new to commerical. So I have a lot to learn about walkins and econimizers. I don't understand yorks compressor lockouts. Is it only lock if low voltage amp draw is to high to it ? I don't understand how it sence the amps.
    Last edited by vanillaIce84; 08-31-2011 at 07:26 AM. Reason: incorrect spelling

Quote Originally Posted by vanillaIce84 View Post
    I'm new to commerical. So I have a lot to learn about walkins and econimizers. I don't understand yorks compressor lockouts. Is it only lock if low voltage amp draw is to high to it ? I don't understand how it sence the amps.
    With all due respect, you hijacked the thread. Why not start a new thread and talk all you want about cti boards and York compressor lockouts.

PS. Welcome to the forum.

I can do that if it bothers you

Quote Originally Posted by vanillaIce84 View Post
    I can do that if it bothers you
    Hello my friend and welcome to the forum!
    It's not that it bothers him, but the person who started this thread is looking for help with his Trane unit and when you hijack a thread and change the subject, it takes away from the original person looking for help. Its no big deal, we've all done it (including me).

Instead of the expense of ball valve and shell driers, recover, reinstall the relatively inexpensive factory recommended driers, and recharge?
    Our fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it.

Could be:

Dirty coils
    Wrong fan blades
    Low load
    Overcharge
    Non-condensibles
    Undercharge
    Restricted driers

Or any combination of any number of the above.

I hope this is helpful. If it's not, post the following, and maybe I can offer more assistance.

constant volume or vfd? fan speed/static press.?
    low ambient dampers?
    return temp.
    supply temp.
    mixed air temp.
    outside ambient temp.
    suction press.
    disch. press.
    liquid press.
    how many compressors running and which circuits?
    how many fans running?
    subcooling
    superheat (all 3 of them)
    press. drop across driers
    clear sight glass?
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Make sure all of the condenser fans are rotating the right direction. You will bypass a lot of the coil if one of the fans is running backward. There should be a noticeable temperature drop across the drier if it's restricted.

Teckster, I don't remember the part # but there is a 5 blade cond. fan that needs to be on your unit due to the low airflow here.

If it helps any!

Hello, just thought I'd put my two cents worth if it helps. If both condenser coils are clean and match the unit, make sure that the motors and blades are original and match as well. Now if other people have messed with it, I personally would start from scratch and recover, remove old driers flush system with nitrogen make sure that there are no " Restrictions ", including in the metering device. Pull a good vacuum of 700 microns or lower if possible and charge with virgin refrigerant. After all you don't know what might be in the existing refrigerant. Well hope that helps and don't give up I'm sure you'll figure it out. It sounds like a restriction of some sort. Might be within the system, or circulation of air through the condensers. Check for distinctions or irregularity in the line sizes compare circuits. Good Luck!

Teckster, I don't remember the part # but there is a 5 blade cond. fan that needs to be on your unit due to the low airflow here.

Now I know who you are just call me when you get back from vacation!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast