Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Irene

well we are home. Friday night we made Otis, Ma around 10:45 Friday night.

We got up at 6am, had a some coffee and we drove to Plainfield by 9:30, loaded up the freezer and snow blower and headed out around 10am.

made it home by 5 tonight.

On the way home I lost count of of the number of Power company trucks I saw GOING WEST, at 518. There were MANY more headed INTO THE HURRICANE.

Katrina was a wake up call, Irene may hit hard, but here in the northeast, everyone is staged and ready to rock. I saw people in my dads neighborhood test running chainsaws and Generators.

People in Ct and Mass are ready, and have that New England, matter of fact attitude. "It is-what it is"
    PUB'S
    The Official sunblock of Ireland

Good luck guys I know this is an unusual storm track but it looks like it will be a Cat 1 at most when she hits NYC.They are saying it will hit at high tide though so that could be trouble for sure.A big rainmaker though which will make the root systems on the trees much more susceptible to even tropical storm winds.Most inland structures should be ok unless hit by a fallen tree.I'm guessing y'all are in for a lot of power outages but there will be a huge outpouring of help come soon.Alabama Power and and the rural co-ops are already staging crews up your way.Also a lot of private sector and church groups will be helping. They were of tremendous aid after the killer tornadoes here last spring.Get out if ya can because it could get real bumpy.I have alot of family that lost everything they had in storms from Rita And Katrina back to Camille.Just glad y'all not getting a CAT 3.
    Good luck and God Bless

I think they are making it sound like the storm of the century.
    My daughter is in Norwalk Ct. right by NY city. She said no biggie, some wind and rain.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Got my first email request for "a tree fell on our air conditioner." That didn't take long.

I lost my satellite reception for about ten minutes so far during this...I wonder if I qualify for disaster relief funds.....

Quote Originally Posted by pbharvey View Post
    Got my first email request for "a tree fell on our air conditioner." That didn't take long.
    ask the customer if they used their chainsaw in there neighbors yard to
    PUB'S

Looks a little bad down in the OBX http://hamptonroads.com/2011/08/nc-1...nding-hundreds primarily around Rodanthe and Avon...

Hatteras and Buxton seems to have made out okay for the most part.... Was there for Isabel and that was far worse IMO, but still a big hit non the less...

Looking forward to heading down there shortly for some well deserved Drum and Shark fishing, as I need to recover from my Salmon fishing

Reported that 10 dead , estimated 4,000,000 without power over all , flooding still to hit Northern areas .

I think the south got hit much worse than New England area.

Although, I also think if you live in the OBX area, you should expect to get hammered and you better have really good home owners insurance.
    PUB'S

wind was bad for a little with many ppl reporting tornados touching down as close as a mile away. i lost power for a few hours, woke up life was back to normal

sump pump went out a couple times overnight then took its final crap around 730 this morning.......

luckily Lowes still had a few in stock when they opened this morning i was 1 of the first there.

got the pump in and running then went down the shore to check on the other properties.

thankfully the water never made it over the lagoon bulkheads. 10 hours after the storm passed it was still windy as hell down there all afternoon.

I sat outside and drank some beer all day...

we in the OBX Kitty Hawk NC to Ocracoke Is. have massive sound front storm surge destruction. We have major issues.
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast