Irene
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Irene

Irene

I have to make a speed run to New London Connecticut.

We are going to lay over in Lee, Massachusetts Friday night. Saturday morning i'm going to New London to pickup a Freezer and snow blower and then make a speed run back home.

I hope to be home by Saturday Afternoon before the SHTF.

anyone "prep'ing" for the big storm?
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

To quote an infamous line from a famous movie screamed over the roar of helicopter blades "Irene, f...ing Irene."

I'm not planning on doing any prepping at all. Maybe watch the Weather Channel and check www.noaa.gov every now and then.

Godspeed to everybody out that way. I wish all you well and pray for your safety.
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

¯`·.¸¸ .·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

`·.¸¸..· ´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯` ·.¸>÷÷(((°>

.·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

i have 2 houses about 30' from water near the Jersey shore, only prep i can do is cross my fingers..........

Since I live in Chesapeake VA, we are going to feel the effects of Irene whatever path it takes. Going to stay at home and sit it out, chainsaw at the ready.

Kevin
    "Profit is not the legitimate purpose of business. The legitimate purpose of business is to provide a product or service that people need and do it so well that it's profitable."

James Rouse

I am worried, and I live about as far away from the ocean as you can get. What will happen to the stock markets and the fragile US economy if NYC floods? It could wipe out the entire subway system for a long time and it will surly cost us all lots of money that we don't have. We better shift those printing presses at the US mint into overdrive NOW!

I feel for you guys, you can't absorb the amount of water a cat 4 hurricane can bring with it, after our last one ya got to have a healthy respect for it. Good luck

For Gods sake if they tell you to get out don't wait cuz the freaking traffic will be totally out of control. We had both sides of all the freeways open to out bound travel and no one could get anywhere.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

I had a girl named Irene once, and if this storm is anything like that womans temper, you guys run like hell.

Pantry stocked, propane filled, gas cans filled, vehicles and generator topped off, drawer full of fresh batteries.

I pretty much always keep my household ready to shelter in place for a good 3-5 days but this one could be ugly.

Well I hate it for the people on the east coast. I'm back in Houston,and I was here in 08' for ike. Those hurricanes ain't no joke. And I have to admit,I'm glad it didn't come this way. I have the people on the east coast in my thoughts,and prayers.
    "If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

All those who wander..are not lost.

Do NOT..mistake my kindness for weakness.

The early bird may get the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.

I'm concerned,the eye is supposed to go between Washington NC and Cape Hatteras and Washington is only 45 mins away from my house. I just don't want what happened to us in 1999 when Floyd came thru.
    Look to the past to learn;look forward to live.

Coach Dean E. Smith

my neighbors hate ..ME

to bad..... i'm on the south shore of Long Island
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

10 miles west of Kitty Hawk NC, I am getting ready for a big blow. 5 day's of beer and gas for Gen, 4 day's of food, and 10 day's of water.

anyone who has been to OBX from Hatteras North I hope you have a good memory of it, cause it's gonna change. This will be a historical event.
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

i'm 20 minutes to the right of the Fire Island Light BEER
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast