York P-Series oil pressure falling.

I have a customer with a York chiller with two of a York Model PA842-V46/50CN reciprocating compressors. The system 1 compressor shut down on low oil pressure last night. I reset it today and had 80+ psi net oil pressure and the compressor ran for 1 hour and 20 minutes before the oil pressure began to drop. It is a process chiller set to maintain 40 degrees. The system 1 compressor was the only one running while I was watching it, the water temp was 42 degrees, suction 45psi, discharge 205psi, sump temp 111 with a superheat at the compressor of 21 degrees and the oil level is between the upper and lower glasses. The oil pressure dropped slowly over the next 15 minutes until it locked out at 25 psi. I also noticed that from when the oil pressure first started to drop until it locked out the pressure was pulsating so that my gauge fluttered about 10 psi or so. Before that it was rock steady.
    I let the compressor sit for about 15 minutes and restarted it and the oil pressure was up to 70 psi net but still fluttering and within 5 minutes or so it shut down again. Drew off an oil sample and it looks like new.
    Any ideas why the oil pressure is dropping?

York P compressor

I'm sorry to tell you this, but the compressor rods and/or bearings are worn beyond tolerance. The reason the oil pressure is good at the beginning is that oil is thicker when cold. When the compressor has run long enough to thoroughly warm the oil it becomes thinner and pressure begins to fall. A thicker oil will not solve the problem. Fix or replace the compressor.

Pump it down isolate the compessor close all the service valves recover the remaining gas remove the inspection cover get a oil hand pump connect it to the oil pump and pump the correct oil into system see which journal bearing is leaking the most that will tell you which one is bad the one that mostly likely is bad is the inner bearing closest to the hermetic motor.
    Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !

Thanks guys for your response. It is much appreciated. I'm waiting for permission from the owners to tear the compressor down to inspect.