Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by biggi View Post
    tell that to the home owner that is paying it. normaly it's a little old lady or couple on a fixed income. i do what i have to get them going on what they can pay. like i said it is never a first choice but you have to do it some times. not every one has that kinda cash laying around to swap both units.
    I think replacing a compressor on a 17 year old unit is preferable to mismatching.
    General public's attitude towards our energy predicament: "I reject the reality of finite resource depletion and substitute it with my own; energy is infinite, we just need an alternative storage medium to run the cars on. The economy can grow indefinitely - we just need to "green" everything! Technology is energy! Peak what?"

Quote Originally Posted by biggi View Post
    tell that to the home owner that is paying it. normaly it's a little old lady or couple on a fixed income. i do what i have to get them going on what they can pay. like i said it is never a first choice but you have to do it some times. not every one has that kinda cash laying around to swap both units.
    problem is, they arent saving any money.

Quote Originally Posted by amd View Post
    I think replacing a compressor on a 17 year old unit is preferable to mismatching.
    Yup, that's true!
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatstogey View Post
    problem is, they arent saving any money.
    the problem is it's not about saving money it's about working with what they have. you can't give them $100 worth if they only have $50. i'm not going to let some one suffer in a 100 degree house because they cant get every thing they need to make it 100% perfect. its just not right down here. if i can get them going i'm going to. make a little money instead of none. it's not my first choice but i do what has to be done. i've done it tons of times and had great results pressures temps sub cool and superheat is all fine. humidity levels were fine as well. it's always best to change both pieces and i push for that. i can tell the difference between some one being cheap and someone that is really poor and needs help. if yo can't under stand where i'm coming from thats cool you don't have to.
    Aire Force A/C and heating
    Florida
    since 1988

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12