Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RTAA screaming

Jayguy- What I'm saying, as you well know with all your vast Trane experience is the oil pressure differential switch, which has its high pressure cap tube tied to the oil pressure on the the main oil line entering the oil filter and the second cap tube past the 4L1 main oil solenoid. You can put your version of it however you want. If the pressure drop between those 2 points exceeds 50 psid the switch shuts down the compressor. This is also known for occurring when the condenser coils are dirty or the condenser fan(s) have failed causing a rise discharge pressure and a higher then normal pressure drop through the oil filter and 4L1 main oil solenoid. The switch itself is tested each time the compressor is in normal shutdown mode as the compressor has a set amount of time to activate that switch or it will go into a manual reset only fault. You can read whatever you wish or interpret from my post. -GEO
    Once in a while everything falls into place and I am able to move forward, most of the time it just falls all over the place and I can't go anywhere-GEO

Quote Originally Posted by ga1279 View Post
    Jayguy- What I'm saying, as you well know with all your vast Trane experience is the oil pressure differential switch, which has its high pressure cap tube tied to the oil pressure on the the main oil line entering the oil filter and the second cap tube past the 4L1 main oil solenoid. You can put your version of it however you want. If the pressure drop between those 2 points exceeds 50 psid the switch shuts down the compressor. This is also known for occurring when the condenser coils are dirty or the condenser fan(s) have failed causing a rise discharge pressure and a higher then normal pressure drop through the oil filter and 4L1 main oil solenoid. The switch itself is tested each time the compressor is in normal shutdown mode as the compressor has a set amount of time to activate that switch or it will go into a manual reset only fault. You can read whatever you wish or interpret from my post. -GEO
    You are revealing super=secret Trane info! STOP now or risk yourself to wake up next to a bloody horse head
    you are also upsetting drama queen!

Quote Originally Posted by ga1279 View Post
    I didn't think that you were saying discharge and suction had nothing to do with the oil pressure...just wanted to make sure. My reading of your post was fuzzy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123