York YCAS0100 High Oil Diff Issue.

Working on a York Screw Chiller YCAS0100 and I getting a High Oil Diff Fault on circuit 2. I read one of the possible causes could be a blocked filter on the oil return line. I tried looking for the filter but was unable to locate it. Here's some data
    Ac2
    Oil 121psi
    Suction 74psi
    Dp 203psi
    Suc SH 19
    Dis SH 44
    Any help would be great thanks.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by alliedtech12887 View Post
    Working on a York Screw Chiller YCAS0100 and I getting a High Oil Diff Fault on circuit 2. I read one of the possible causes could be a blocked filter on the oil return line. I tried looking for the filter but was unable to locate it. Here's some data
    Ac2
    Oil 121psi
    Suction 74psi
    Dp 203psi
    Suc SH 19
    Dis SH 44
    Any help would be great thanks.
    The oil filter is internal in the DXS compressor. Should be P/N 026-35601-00 for the filter and 028-13849-00 for the o-ring. Check your parts manual for verification. I think the o-ring may have a new P/N.

I also faced the same problem when i was running the plant in bit cold environment. Then I did contact the York representative and he told me to stop the cooling fan as the cooling tower water temperature goes lower than 24 Deg. C.
    I did as he asked and fortunately the problem disappeared.

oil pressure lower than discharge pressure by 80 lbs is a lot. I would change the oil filter. Its located in front and is behind the the round cover just above the heart shaped cover. Need to order a oil filter cover o ring also. then check oil level.

Quote Originally Posted by HJ Controls View Post
    oil pressure lower than discharge pressure by 80 lbs is a lot. I would change the oil filter. Its located in front and is behind the the round cover just above the heart shaped cover. Need to order a oil filter cover o ring also. then check oil level.
    Change filter ASAP I'm surprised it runs with 80 psi diff.

I've changed the oil filter and I'm still getting high oil diff. After I changed the filter my oil pressure came up to 146psi. My next step is to change the oil pressure transducer.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin

Verify your transducers are reading correctly. I had to change mine depending on the year of the chiller you have to change the transducer and the plug for it. I would verify your dc voltages at the board as well. Check your wires.

I been dealing with a ycas180 with the same issue. so for no good. But i have not checked wires, will go back and check them and the board. Transducers are not cheap so be sure. Anyway, very curious on what you find.

what we found was the valve coming off the oil separator was not opening full. We started systematically checking pressure drops found 275 before and 125 after. We will pump the system down and pull the valve. the guess is the stem broke loose and doesn't open all the way. going to take pictures.