Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    aircool
    sorry for your lose.

Originally posted by willy1
    Here they outlawed flex on resi just five feet on commerical so i would say go with metal and have it mastic sealed before it is insulated to get the best results.
    Is "No Flex" in the AZ Building Code for residences?
    Great! !!
    Link? ...
    I'll pass it on to the FL representatives.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Little Rock city code says no flex in residential and puts limits of 5 feet on commerical.To say its outlawed is my mistake Steve but in our company they will not do it.Not a good value to our customers.

willy my point is I bet the vendors are selling mountains of flex. With no enforcement the low ballers:

1. Make your company look like crooks price wise.
    2. Water down the hvac economy so your company A (doesn't use flex) is always competing with company B (doesn't use flex).
    What should be happening is your company A is the only bidder because company B is competing with company C (does use flex). Then when company B bids they are the only bidder because your company A is competing with company C. This way every other bid you can get top margin.

This is how the hvac economy gets watered down with rules that can't be or won't be enforced.
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

Talking

Check with titleless....he works on space shuttles and rockets. He can help you.

It's an older 1940-1950s house...
    The bottom is dirt, not covered in plastic, it would be a serious B*tch to cover it... with so many pipes and wires running around, and it's only about 18" high in some areas, 28" tall at best, truly requires CRAWLING to get around...

I was just trying to get a ballpark idea of % more for "real" ducts vs. Flex, like 2x, 3x, etc... but I guess I'll wait for some estimates...

Last year and in years past it was wet down there. I had a french drain put in which hopefully eliminates that problem.

Many ducts are rusty, but I don't know if there are any spots rusted thru.

Where are you there is a Product called clean space that sounds like it could solve those problems for you.Worked on a house down here that had it done they had us come out and gut the hvac,then called us back to install after the product was put in,it was very nice they excavated under the house,leveled the ground and put in drainage and a layer of sand under the liner so clean you could have put the stuff in in a suit.1 droplight and lite up the total crawl space wish I had pics it was awsome.Think the company that markets the product is in Pennsylvania.

You are right Steve we usually get to go and clean up from company c because b wont touch it and this company will put hvac in anything.Its fun here no one knows how to properly run flex always problems with it here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12