Comfortmaker Sensor Trouble - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I wasn't going to remove the sensor itself, just unplug the wire. I assume the furnace wouldnt work properly if I pull the entire sensor out, with a hole in the line (similar to a vacuum leak in a car?) Even if I have the pressure switch as well, its going to be a bad idea? I don't want anything bad to happen!

Yes, it has a trap down below the line.

Do you guys know of any techs/local distributors that I can talk to? Im in the Aspinwall section of Pittsburgh, if that helps (northeast, area code 15215).

Also, I still have my home warranty, so it would be nice if I could tell them who to contact to solve the problem... The company that the warranty service deals with haven't found the problem, and if there is an unheeded service bulletin on the furnace, that would be a good place to start. thanks again guys

Which home warranty company ? They should be able to find it but may not have contacted the right people. All Comfortmaker distributors are strictly wholesale and will deal only with contractors. Especially the one in Pittsburgh. I know them well. Continue to work with your contractor unless you are willing to pay. Then I have a good recommendation for you on a Comfortmaker dealer who is in Bellevue.

Lets put it this way, removing the sensor takes away a safety should the trap fail or plug. That is why it should not be removed but relocated with the fix that was provided.

the home warranty is through HSA. I have the feeling they just didnt do the legwork, since everytime they came out, the furnace had been sitting long enough for the problem to go away (usually within 24 hours), but long enough that even with space heaters it gets pretty cold.

I called today and they will fax the info to the contractor. I think once they have the info, I will call the warranty company, let them know about it, and tell them the contractor has the info. Im sick of the run-around, but the warranty company really doesnt seem to care, and the contractors, while they tried their best, didnt see the furnace with the sensor tripped.

I'll keep you guys posted. Oh, and as for the advice given to just unplug the sensor--he said there was a pressure switch which would protect it in a similar way. was this not true? Im going to give him a call and let him know i was advised against it.

Originally posted by jmourra
    Im going to give him a call and let him know i was advised against it.
    That should go over well...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12