Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So - we went with the Amana system... couldn't be happier.

To answer some of the questions... They put in larger ductwork to half of the house for the slightly larger system (previous was 3.5). They also installed a communicating stat made by white rodgers (branded ComfortNet). The biggest difference we've seen is how much quieter the system is and how much more dry our house is. MUCH more dry... it was a cold steambath before. We do have large windows that go down to almost the floor, a skylight, and 10' ceilings (higher in some places).The Central FL sun and humidity did a number on the previous system... not to mention, the previous 14 y/o air handler that came with the new construction was sucking air from our walls... had a small hole a few weeks ago in the dry wall that was whistling... a quick seal of the box under the handler took care of that.

Amana Replaced My Condensing Unit w/No Q's Asked

Quote Originally Posted by AlexB18 View Post
    I'm replacing a 14-year-old Bryant unit in our 2000sq ft Florida home (that still runs but is on its last legs) this summer and have decided on the contractor but still confused on which system to get.

The quotes are as follows for two stage compressors and variable speed air handlers:

1. $ after all rebates for 4.0 Ton 17.5 SEER Amana ASZC180481 with a AVPTC426016C air handler, new thermostat, all new lines, pad, etc

2. $ after all rebates for a 4.0 Ton 16 SEER Lennox Elite XP16-048ENH with CBX32MV048 air handler... same install as above.

The Amana is a slightly cheaper, slightly more efficient, and comes with a 10 year parts and labor warranty (10 year parts/1 year labor for Lennox).

I think both are excellent values and was wondering if anyone could steer me one way or another.

Also, it's a $ option to get an electronic air cleaner and UV light install... I've done a lot of research on this and I'm still on the fence about getting it or not. I had breathing problems in the past from a moldy air handler/blower and anything that would help keep the system a bit cleaner would be welcomed but maybe there's another area where the $ will be better spent.
    Reversing valve problem

There appear to be no airflow problems, you are much more comfortable, and happy, that's great!

On really hot days does the equipment cycle between stages or cycle off?
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12