Thread: American Standard and Trane

Post Likes
    I just wanted to verify that a Trane furnace (in this case, a Trane XV90 vs an American Standard freedom 90 comfort R)are the same exact 2 stage, variable speed furnace short of name and cosmetics. Any difference I'm missing?

I know Trane and American Standard are the same company. I was surprised, however, that if they're the same furnace, why the sales person told me the American Standard is a little cheaper?

Post Likes
    Marketing and dealer support.

At least around here in the DFW area of Texas, people are more familiar with the American Standard name on sinks, toilets and urinals than on HVAC equipment.
    Trane has a well known good reputation for HVAC equipment.

It varies by region, but our local AS distribution is through an independant supply house, and leaves a lot to be desired.
    On the other hand, Trane has fantastic distribution and dealer support/training in the area.

[Edited by mark beiser on 11-29-2005 at 08:30 PM]

Post Likes
    The irony is that American Standard owns trane..
    "Go big or Go Home"

Post Likes
    like Buick & Cadallic
    harvest rainwater,make SHADE,R75/50/30= roof/wall/floor, use HVAC mastic,caulk all wall seams!

Post Likes
    Every dealer pays something different so nobody can make a blanket statement that one is cheaper than the other. We pay less than many for our A-S just because we don't participate in trips and other incentives and because we pay our bills on time The huge chains in town get Trane dirt cheap due to volume.

They are 100% identical. I pulled my furnace out of an A-S marked box but the label on the door said Trane.

Post Likes
    Mark, in what ways is the Trane distribution better than the AS in the DFW area?
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in