Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    has heat exchanger froze up? This hot gas valve is solenoid style and controlled from board?

Edna Bay, Alaska Highest concentration of black bears in the US
    Post Likes
    No solenoid, just a valve with an equalizer. Didn't let it run long enough to freeze the evap. Compressor was flooding so bad I shut it off. Compressed air temp was 105f. This unit was added to the system when capacity was added. System has three 200hp and a 150hp compressor. The main dryer is a 3300.

Post Likes
    Ok, posting in this section about an Arrow Pneumatics Compressed Air Dryer (that I put in Refrigeration and Ice Making). I have a customer who has this brand air dryer. It has not been used in several years and they need to get it operational. I did find that both condenser fan motors are defective and have them ordered. The condensing unit itself is a Copeland FJAM-A30Z-TFD-015. The Arrow Pneumatics name plate has no information imprinted on it. Through their website, I received a reply that the unit is over 15 years old, that they are no longer in that side of the business, and that they have no information available. There is not any form of wiring diagram anywhere on the unit, except for the generic condensing unit diagram in it's control box. This diagram only pertains to the condensing unit and not the incorporation of it into the air dryer. Any help with service info, wiring diagram, etc would be appreciated.

Post Likes
    I am attaching a picture of a device in this air dryer that I posted about in the previous post. It is a water "dump" valve or sensor of some kind. As can be seen there is a small control cable broken off the device. It has three small #22+/- wires in the cable. The water out connection is on the opposite side of the device from where this cable is broken off from. Does anyone have information at the what this device is, it's function and is there a replacement available?[IMG]Arrow Air Dryer.jpg[/IMG] Sorry, picture didn't attach.
    Last edited by Bill Lee; 03-31-2017 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Picture didn't attach

Post Likes
    Bill - create a new thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Yes, please create a new thread that is specific to you and your equipment.

Post Likes
    2 things very important a constant head pressure so fan cycling not a great idea . You would be better to install a speed drive on the condensor fans. This is good because it maintains a constant liquid line pressure .Because the load varies so greatly based on the cfm going through the drier a balanced port valve is desireable due to the greatly varying loads

Post Likes
    Shut the dam hot gas valve off and check the superheat with a load on the evaporator. Then set the the hot gas valve to desired evaporator temperature, I do this with no load.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12